Welcome to SideshowCollectors.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search

Default Gaslight Batman Project

I’m currently working on my first custom project, a Jawa, but have been pondering starting a Gaslight-ish Batman. A search of the forum doesn’t provide a lot of reference so I’m not sure it’s a popular concept but the Gotham by Gaslight story was always one of my favorite comics. I’ve been scouring the net and eBay looking for parts to start the project and found these boots(?) to kick off the project. Has anyone used them before…what are your thoughts on using them for a Gaslight Batman? I have a set on order and not a fan of the brown straps or the “X” across the front, so they’ll probably be re-painted and doctored up a bit. I also think they’d look better if the figure in the photo had pants on.

Any other Gaslight Batman projects out there?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s-l500.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	28.0 KB 
ID:	365548

Super Freak
    Feedback
    23 (100%)
    I have these boots and although I still have to use them for anything, they look great in hand. You're giving me ideas!
    Why Superman rocks! ...

Super Freak
    Feedback
    63 (100%)

Name:	IMG_2160.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	145.4 KB 
ID:	365804
    Please contact us thru dandymei@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by TonyMeis View Post
    Made this one years ago

Name:	IMG_2160.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	145.4 KB 
ID:	365804
    Yep...your figure provided some of the inspiration, it looks great! Can you tell me about the components that went into it? At first I thought about a belt that was a darker colored leather but yours kind of pays homage to the 1960s yellow utility belt.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinman2000 View Post
    Yep...your figure provided some of the inspiration, it looks great! Can you tell me about the components that went into it? At first I thought about a belt that was a darker colored leather but yours kind of pays homage to the 1960s yellow utility belt.
    aside from the body-SSBatman body, fist, feet, everything else was made from scratch

Yikes...well, I'll have to piece mine together from collected parts and an attempt at a HS...I'm hoping to get my wife to help with the cape.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinman2000 View Post
    Yikes...well, I'll have to piece mine together collected parts and an attempt at a HS...I'm hoping to get my wife to help with the cape.
    I do still have the headsculpt available if that will help you