Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 67 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1757636465666768 LastLast

Default Re: Hot Toys - Aquaman - Aquaman

looking at your picture comparison ,it looks to me like the "shell" part on the hot toys figure is cast seperate from the belt with the intention of glueing it to the belt during factory assembly ,and has for the purpose of the proto pictures been pushed under the belt too high , causing the sculpted curvature of the shell parts to not follow the contours of the thigh ,in turn making the hips look odd and too wide ,hopefully when they where they are supposed or intended to be located, where they should lay flatter and hug the thigh

yeah i got all that from looking at a picture im a regular sherlock holmes me

well pure suposicion on my part ,but we can only hope

Quote Originally Posted by Tourist View Post
    I'm holding off on ordering an Aquaman figure (JL vs AQ) until I see in hand pics of the Aquaman movie figure.
    If HT fixes the hips, the classic suit is the one I want, if not JL will be mine.
    They messed up the release timing big time and are competing with themselves.
    Changing the hair while using the same sculpt would make a huge difference in differentiating this from the JL figure. That would be a easy change. The rest I am sure will be improved.

The Three Gingers

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I was thinking of just using the red marker on the blonde hair head sculpt I have. Is there a specific red marker you would recommend? After colouring, the red won't stain the suit/body?

Quote Originally Posted by LIBBY1957DOG View Post
    hi not sure what she was called ,but this is her

ORDER DATE
    06 Oct, 2018
    ORDER TOTAL
    Order DSTOYS D-005 1/6 Female Women Red Long Hair Head Girl F 12'' Action Figure BodyView similar items
    View seller's other items
    More actions
    1 item sold by sc_store999
    DSTOYS D-005 1/6 Female Women Red Long Hair Head Girl F 12'' Action Figure Body
    DSTOYS D-005 1/6 Female Women Red Long Hair Head Girl F 12'' Action Figure Body
    ( 282874230377 )
    Add note
    ITEM PRICE:

and yes her hair is a rusty red ,but i used a red permanent marker to recolour it more vivid red

hope this helps

I honestly don't mind this figure. I think it looks quite good. I will probably preorder it a bit closer to release. However I'm very upset that Mera has not been announced yet. I feel like she'll be an instant buy for most collectors. IMO she was the breakout/best character of that movie and you could argue the movie is about her just as much as it is about Aquaman. I hope Hot Toys comes through and gives us a Mera.

Yeah i'm amazed that Hot Toys haven't announced a Mera yet either. It's probably due to the fact that nobody could've anticipated that the movie would've been as successful as it has been, and from the previous DCEU movies Hot Toys probably wasn't expecting much. Shame though. I mean I guess I liked her character enough to go out of my way to make a custom, and I usually am very picky about only buying stuff made durectly by Hot Toys. Hopefully they end up announcing a Mera or maybe even a Black Manta somewhere down the line.

Just a little freaky
    Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiGonFishing View Post
    That's the Nuts Pizs custom sculpt the we keep discussing intermittently throughout this thread and then forget all about, LOL.

You can find him on FB here:

https://www.facebook.com/nutpizs

Attachment 439031

Wait, is that water permanently attached to the sculpt?

Does anybody know if this guy actually sells his headsculpts or are they just for him? Keep searching around but can't seem to find a definitive answer

https://www.nutpizs.com

Don't try to check out on the site. The functionality is disabled. PM him on FB or Insta for terms and an invoice if you want to purchase.

I've had some correspondence with him, and put an order in for the DRY VERSION of the AM sculpt, but I really don't know much about his operation. I believe he's pretty new on the custom scene...

His hair down Hella is stunning, IMHO

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3DDE526C-57B8-468C-8E79-6FB3E993E500.jpeg 
Views:	128 
Size:	137.6 KB 
ID:	440468
    Last edited by QuiGonFishing; 01-18-2019 at 09:18 AM.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers
    that it can bribe the public with the public's own money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, 1835

Freakazoid
    Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiGonFishing View Post
    https://www.nutpizs.com

Don't try to check out on the site. The functionality is disabled. PM him on FB or Insta for terms and an invoice if you want to purchase.

I've had some correspondence with him, and put an order in for the DRY VERSION of the AM sculpt, but I really don't know much about his operation. I believe he's pretty new on the custom scene...

His hair down Hella is stunning, IMHO

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3DDE526C-57B8-468C-8E79-6FB3E993E500.jpeg 
Views:	128 
Size:	137.6 KB 
ID:	440468
    It is fantastic work and I do appreciate the skill and effort, but $300 for a head sculpt is a little steep for my wallet.