Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    Super Freak
    Feedback
    6 (100%)
    Default Re: Hot Toys Shazam speculation

I'm really hoping they give us a Mary Marvel figure. I think the actress is a far better match physically for Mary than Zachary Levi is for Captain Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by batfan08 View Post
    Quite the contrary. I feel like a colorful, comic accurate superhero might actually prove a lot of fun on a shelf. Between Captain Marvel, Aquaman, and Wonder Woman, it seems like DC are leaning more heavily into their books, at least designwise and itís turning out pretty great, in my opinion.
    Particularly when Shazam is a lighter character anyway. Itís like when certain dceu fans complained about the Aquaman trailer having jokes and bright colors. Not sure what they were expecting.

If someone is a DCEU fan and are not reveling in the Aquaman movie success then I can't even relate to them. I've been so happy since watching this flick 3 times now (twice in theaters, once streamed at home) and what it could mean for the SHAZAM movie. DC has finally gotten their feet under them and can get some traction. Even if someone is a Zackhead and used to having a Marvel Studios sized chip on their shoulder this has got to be a great time for them. The bright colors, design, and chance for a smiling action figure (other than Joker) is welcome IMO. Doesn't hurt I've been a Captain Marvel/SHAZAM fan since I was a kid. And even though I skew more towards the classic Captain Marvel I can respect the decision to go this direction with the look and concept of the character. Can't wait to see the figure.

Quote Originally Posted by hbhf View Post
    Particularly when Shazam is a lighter character anyway. It’s like when certain dceu fans complained about the Aquaman trailer having jokes and bright colors. Not sure what they were expecting.

Just hope the movie lives up to the trailer...