Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 238
  1. #141

    Default Re: Hot Toys Shazam speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by matmurdock View Post
    I am going with eight of my friends to see it. We are pretty excited.
    That sounds like a blast!

  2. #142
    Freaked Out!
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    954
    Feedback
    0
    Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by Joda View Post
    I am totally with you there. I'm struggling with some autoimmune health conditions that make extended trips out in public pretty difficult. As it stands now, I could certainly go, but I wouldn't enjoy it. Starting some new treatment this week, so maybe (with luck) things will change enough for me to be there opening weekend. (Since that's the only one that really seems to count anymore.)
    Sorry to hear that the very best of wishes to you, get well soon

  3. #143
    Movie's tracking for a 45 million opening.
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...th-25m-1194842

    Not spectacular but solid. Hopefully they're low balling things a bit and it does 60s at least.

  4. #144
    Super Freak

    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4,414
    Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by hbhf View Post
    Movie's tracking for a 45 million opening.
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...th-25m-1194842

    Not spectacular but solid. Hopefully they're low balling things a bit and it does 60s at least.
    Damn that would be a long way below Captain Marvel. Hope that's not true.

  5. #145
    Quote Originally Posted by sj2106 View Post
    Damn that would be a long way below Captain Marvel. Hope that's not true.
    Most DC movies won't match Marvel movies in terms of box office. They just need to be smart about it and plan the movie budgets accordingly which it looks like they did. Don't spend hundreds of millions making them. Modest budgets so they don't need to make a billion to turn a profit.

  6. #146
    Yeah, I know people have some weird preoccupation with this Marvel vs. DC "war," but Shazam was never gonna do bigger numbers than Captain Marvel or Avengers: Endgame , and it was kind of insane to even suggest that.

    That said, the tracking is rising. Forbes is predicting at least 50 million now.
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/markhug...A#5e0e2ce82fef

  7. #147
    I just hope we get some better figures from this than Mattel's offerings. If Hot Toys isn't going to step up, can I pray for Mafex?

  8. #148
    Quote Originally Posted by Joda View Post
    I just hope we get some better figures from this than Mattel's offerings. If Hot Toys isn't going to step up, can I pray for Mafex?
    Mafex will almost certainly do something. I liked their Aquaman prototype, though the face is a bit off. But honestly it's not hard to top Mattel.


  9. #149
    Quote Originally Posted by hbhf View Post
    Mafex will almost certainly do something. I liked their Aquaman prototype, though the face is a bit off. But honestly it's not hard to top Mattel.

    No. I don't imagine they will be hard to top.

  10. #150
    Quote Originally Posted by Joda View Post
    No. I don't imagine they will be hard to top.
    Maybe...but thanks to the proactivity of Mattel (and the feet dragging of Hot Toys), my five year old is the only one in the house with a Shazam movie figure :/

Similar Threads

  1. Hot Toys Aquaman speculation
    By hbhf in forum DC Comics- action figures
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 07-18-2018, 11:34 AM
  2. Hot Toys Avengers Speculation
    By The Josh in forum Marvel Statues, props, etc.
    Replies: 1462
    Last Post: 02-20-2012, 11:24 PM
  3. Hot toys hulk --speculation only--
    By 7166charlie in forum Marvel Statues, props, etc.
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-07-2012, 09:41 AM
  4. Hot Toys Matrix Speculation
    By MarfMaster in forum Aliens & Robots-Statues, props, kits, etc.
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 03-06-2010, 01:19 PM
  5. Hot Toys DX 03 speculation...
    By Johnny Utah in forum General Collectibles -Statues, props, etc.
    Replies: 437
    Last Post: 02-23-2010, 11:08 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •