Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 3 of 56 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
    Super Freak
    Feedback
    349 (100%)

Default Re: SSC Batman Classic Sixth Scale Figure

Quote Originally Posted by Buttmunch View Post
    Mondo is.
    12" sculpted action figure.
    "Let me have a diablo sandwich, a Dr. Pepper, and make it fast. I'm in a god damn hurry."

Super Freak
    Feedback
    1 (100%)
    If we're going to condemn/vilify it, then at least wait until the full reveal and see if it is worthwhile or not.

Given their past failings and without a cult zeal as a Sideshow fanatic (of which I am not a Sideshow cultist/fanatic/overzealous defender/loyalist/protector), I'm not holding much hope or optimism.

The only Sideshow that genuinely piqued my interest thus far is the announcement for Taarna from Heavy Metal, but I remain cautiously guarded.

On the up side, maybe the figure will look good; however, it'll be overpriced at HT pricing without the HT design or quality.

On the down side, it'll be polarizing and a FAIL! while generating much discussion.
    "Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment."

~ Arthur Bishop | The Mechanic (2011)

Card carrying member of THE ELITEô.

CODE NAME: "Johnny Bench"

DUBNATION
    Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Follow The Mike On Twitter Follow The Mike on Tumblr
    It feels like they were going for this

but at the same time tried to "modernize" it with their own take. The concept art isn't that appealing, it really doesn't look much different than the first one other than the symbol but I'm willing to withhold judgement until the actual figure reveal.

I really wished that if they were going Batman variant they would have done something really unique like Golden Age Batman or Rebirth Batman, something really that'd complement their original figures instead of something that is only slightly differing.

I really hope they give him a better headsculpt this time around.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    42 (100%)
    How is this going to be different from their first Batman release? What will it be, darker blue and some new seams in the shirt?? Bet will be $229 or more because it's a con Exclusive lol.
    I refuse to grow up.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    42 (100%)
    How about a version that looks like the modern age Premium Format for us collectors who grew up in the 70's.
    I refuse to grow up.

Freaked Out!
    Feedback
    The artwork looks great, but as with all SSC figures, i'll wait and see how it turns out. I did like their first Batman figure, so may get this one if the price is right!

I love the size of the eyes

Super Freak
    Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mike View Post
    It feels like they were going for this

but at the same time tried to "modernize" it with their own take. The concept art isn't that appealing, it really doesn't look much different than the first one other than the symbol but I'm willing to withhold judgement until the actual figure reveal.

I really wished that if they were going Batman variant they would have done something really unique like Golden Age Batman or Rebirth Batman, something really that'd complement their original figures instead of something that is only slightly differing.
    I don't know what the **** it is with these idiots. Mez, Sideshow; WHEN DID THE DEFINITION OF "CLASSIC" BECOME "MODERN?" If you want to make a Golden Age Batman, sell a Golden Age Batman. No reason to make it look like he butchered 50 goddamn basketballs and stitched them together in some "high tech" and "modern" rendition of the same look. You can't have it both ways. You can't claim some reverence for these looks and then feel the need to "update" them to make them more "realistic," or whatever the hell they're calling it these days, as if there's something wrong with them.

Batman wore trunks and underpants. Batman has a simple fabric suit, and you know what? There's absolutely nothing wrong with that. Just like there's nothing wrong with his Rebirth suit being updated to fit with more modern sensibilities, but I look at it this way: would any of these companies even get an inkling of a thought to reinterpret his current Rebirth outfit as a "classic" Rebirth Batman, complete with a significantly downgraded fabric suit and underwear? If not, then why the hell do they consistently feel that the opposite's okay and that there is some inherent need to bastardize classic looks with all these bells and whistles?

Sig courtesy of Cammo

Super Freak
    Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Once again is it so hard to literally just copy an artist's take?