Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 58 of 59 FirstFirst ... 848545556575859 LastLast
    Freakazoid
    Feedback
    Default Re: Mattel DC Comics 6'' inch Multiverse Figures

There's still DC Collectibles, and (although as previously mentioned, Mattel's distribution blows) Mattel still has the license until 2020. So maybe there's still hope for a BR Penguin.

They'd better blow their load until then. I'd love a Stamp Zod, Pfeiffer Catwoman, DeVito Penguin, Arnold Mr.Freeze, Carrey Riddler, Silverstone Batgirl, etc. (I know that's a lot to ask for but I can dream. )

What bums me out most is that Mattel was finally taking the Multiverse line in the right direction, and now they're losing it. I wouldn't have minded nearly as much when they were making those ****ty BvS figures, but with photoreal and the added articulation I bet we would've seen some really cool stuff down the line.

Freakazoid
    Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Clown View Post
    They'd better blow their load until then. I'd love a Stamp Zod, Pfeiffer Catwoman, DeVito Penguin, Arnold Mr.Freeze, Carrey Riddler, Silverstone Batgirl, etc. (I know that's a lot to ask for but I can dream. )

What bums me out most is that Mattel was finally taking the Multiverse line in the right direction, and now they're losing it. I wouldn't have minded nearly as much when they were making those ****ty BvS figures, but with photoreal and the added articulation I bet we would've seen some really cool stuff down the line.
    What interests me the most about this news is that the license doesn't seem to be a all or nothing deal: Spinmaster gets DC action figures and Mattel (and I'm guessing Fisher-Price) keeps the preschool stuff, cars, dolls. Does that mean other companies are getting anything? Will NECA produce anything new in the 6 inch or 1/4 scale range?

Super Freak
    Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dash View Post
    What interests me the most about this news is that the license doesn't seem to be a all or nothing deal: Spinmaster gets DC action figures and Mattel (and I'm guessing Fisher-Price) keeps the preschool stuff, cars, dolls. Does that mean other companies are getting anything? Will NECA produce anything new in the 6 inch or 1/4 scale range?
    Thatís what I got curious about. I love the John Wesley Shipp Flash and the Lynda Carter Wonder Woman, and Iíd have loved to see more, but I also wonít pretend that the folks at NECA and DC Collectibles arenít capable of delivering stuff just as good or better. I think, as much as the quality has improved, itís the diversity of product Iíll probably miss and it kind of pisses me off that it took Mattel this long to get around to doing classic movie and TV stuff.

Sig courtesy of Cammo

Super Freak
    Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by batfan08 View Post
    That’s what I got curious about. I love the John Wesley Shipp Flash and the Lynda Carter Wonder Woman, and I’d have loved to see more, but I also won’t pretend that the folks at NECA and DC Collectibles aren’t capable of delivering stuff just as good or better. I think, as much as the quality has improved, it’s the diversity of product I’ll probably miss and it kind of pisses me off that it took Mattel this long to get around to doing classic movie and TV stuff.
    No way I am building another DC Universe with Spinmaster. Mattel gave us the best DC (maybe just the best period) action figure line ever. If the new figures are not cohesive with my current DCUC / multiverse collection (and I do not expect that they will be) I will be out.

No horsemen no bueno.

For all of Mattels failings what an unbelievable line they gave us.As you say more diverse than anybody would ever imagine. We will never see the likes of Kamandi or Forager down the Walmart/Target Toy aisle again.

If Randy said the toy industry has known this for a while my guess is that this goes back to the 7Ē neca batman/superman alien/predator stuff. Seems like mattel started to pick up the gas with multiverse when they started to get a sense that they would be losing that part of the license. That way they can use their budget to create new tooling, plan out a solid year of figures, lay off the people who designed them, sell some better DC stuff that fans are waiting on after the drought they themselves created and end the line with some good faith, use this new stuff as a try out for a new license and recycle the bodies towards that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Freaked Out!

Feedback
    I'm waiting to see if Mattel is going to make any announcement. Seems like some reports say that Spinmaster is getting a boy toys license as in R/C vehicles, and other toyline with no mentioning of action figures.

The press release specified that Mattel will be keeping some of its kid-friendly toys so it sounds like the DC Super Heroes/Imaginext and DC Super Hero Girls stuff will still be by them.

Oh nice! Glad to see these are still happening - I’ll probably wait to find them at GameStop though. I hope they manage to squeeze out a Returns Batman & Catwoman before they lose the license in 2020.

Penguin looks okay from a promo pic I saw; I think their 4” figure has a better likeness to Danny DeVito though. Ledger Joker looks surprisingly good though. I remember there being a ToyFair or NYCC picture a while back and there are some really clear pictures of him.