Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 351 of 351 FirstFirst ... 251301341347348349350351
Results 3,501 to 3,508 of 3508

Default Re: Hot Toys MMS349 Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Armored Batman Collectible Fig

It will be interesting to see the how the critics review what appears to be a very bleak Endgame, considering one of the biggest complaints about the DCEU was its bleakness.

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex View Post
    It will be interesting to see the how the critics review what appears to be a very bleak Endgame, considering one of the biggest complaints about the DCEU was its bleakness.
    Arguably, anything 'bleak' in the MCU was *earned* over a period of many films and years in real-time, i.e. a natural consequence of the storylines and their logical outcomes, so no one can level the accusation that its posturing or style over substance.

Whether or not those accusations leveled at DCEU films were unwarranted remains contentious.

With that being said, I have a hard time believing Endgame will necessarily *remain* bleak. High stakes and sacrifice, yes...but unforgiving? I do expect some kind of uplifting payoff. Maybe I'm wrong. Could be that the payoff is actually Phase 4 (or whatever phase they're heading into).

Freakazoid
    Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by ZE_501 View Post
    Arguably, anything 'bleak' in the MCU was *earned* over a period of many films and years in real-time, i.e. a natural consequence of the storylines and their logical outcomes, so no one can level the accusation that its posturing or style over substance.

Whether or not those accusations leveled at DCEU films were unwarranted remains contentious.

With that being said, I have a hard time believing Endgame will necessarily *remain* bleak. High stakes and sacrifice, yes...but unforgiving? I do expect some kind of uplifting payoff. Maybe I'm wrong. Could be that the payoff is actually Phase 4 (or whatever phase they're heading into).
    Of COURSE Endgame won't remain bleak. Does anyone really believe all but two or three of those characters aren't coming back..?

Super Freak
    Feedback
    I just saw Aquaman yesterday for the first time, and it only further disappointed me because I thought it was a really good movie and it was just sad to think that once again, it’s part of a universe as a collective whole right now has little to no direction. On a film by film basis, I tend to lean towards DCEU films as being better than MCU films. I really like the stories the DCEU films tell and they are chalk full of emotion. Aquaman I thought told a really good story, and had a great balance of heartfelt moments and humor; not to mention awesome visuals that I thought were sort of reminiscent of Avatar.

My current DCEU film list I’d say now looks like:

1. BvSUE
    2. Aquaman
    3. MoS
    4. WW
    5. JL
    Distant 6. SS

Freaked Out!
    Feedback
    Follow SMC92 On Twitter Follow SMC92 on Flickr Visit SMC92's Instagram Channel
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ABA1.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	330.5 KB 
ID:	447487
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ABA2.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	310.4 KB 
ID:	447488

Still a savage figure.
    She's gowling out for pipe.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    174 (100%)
    Great looking pics, SMC92.

Super Freak
    Feedback

Freaked Out!
    Feedback
    Follow SMC92 On Twitter Follow SMC92 on Flickr Visit SMC92's Instagram Channel
    Thank You.
    She's gowling out for pipe.