Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 2 of 351 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
    Super Freak
    Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Default Re: Hot Toys Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Armored Batman Collectible Figure

I wonder what they mean by the Bat-Signal being a 1/6th scale figure. Granted, it's as big as any of the figures, but are they releasing it as a stand-alone piece, as well (I'm sure there'll, at least, be a combo pack option). Also, as for armored, I'm curious if it will sustain battle damage in the movie (I'd assume so, since he's going toe to toe with Superman). If so, it'd be awesome if they took a page from their IM releases and included interchangeable BD parts.

Sig courtesy of Cammo

The figure looks good (except for the face, should've re-used the one from the regular Batman) but the armor is the one thing I hate from this movie because it's all-CGI. One of the reasons I like Batman is he's relatively plausible like the Punisher and that CGI armor lessens the "realism" even more.

Great figure! any idea about release day?

Super Freak
    Feedback
    Batman is in no way plausible at all. That's a huge misconception. He's not even street level like the Punisher, Moon Knight, Green Arrow, Daredevil etc etc.

His armor is perfectly fine and perfectly in character.

it looks badass. very nicely done.

Quote Originally Posted by YankeesFanboy View Post
    "It's time you learn what it means to be a dol- I mean action figure."

Super Freak
    Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GasparZizou View Post
    Batman is in no way plausible at all. That's a huge misconception. He's not even street level like the Punisher, Moon Knight, Green Arrow, Daredevil etc etc.

His armor is perfectly fine and perfectly in character.
    I beg to differ, sir. You can buy a grappling hook/rifle on Amazon. Pa Kent, himself, Kevin Costner, helped fund the Armstar, gauntlets that shoot 30,000 volt tasers and include an iPod dock, and a working flashlight. Batarangs can be made by pretty much anyone with access to a metal shop (or just bought on the Internet), and Kevlar, smoke pellets, etc. can all be found in certain places, I'm sure.

Suffice it to say, Batman is totally plausible if someone were committed enough and crazy enough, with the ridiculous amounts of upper body strength necessary to scale a building in under a minute/know the police response time/sit on a rooftop for hours waiting for a crime that the police aren't already taking care of.

Sig courtesy of Cammo

Quote Originally Posted by batfan08 View Post
    I beg to differ, sir. You can buy a grappling hook/rifle on Amazon. Pa Kent, himself, Kevin Costner, helped fund the Armstar, gauntlets that shoot 30,000 volt tasers and include an iPod dock, and a working flashlight. Batarangs can be made by pretty much anyone with access to a metal shop (or just bought on the Internet), and Kevlar, smoke pellets, etc. can all be found in certain places, I'm sure.

Suffice it to say, Batman is totally plausible if someone were committed enough and crazy enough, with the ridiculous amounts of upper body strength necessary to scale a building in under a minute/know the police response time/sit on a rooftop for hours waiting for a crime that the police aren't already taking care of.
    Yeah you tell him!

Super Freak
    Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by batfan08 View Post

Okay, can you learn and master 127 martial arts? Can you train your body to an extend of having a decades spanning career of crimefighting that may frequently include mutants, aliens, gods etc, despite frequently being sleep deprived to the point of not sleeping for a week without experiencing loss in cognitive or physical efficiency, all that while still maintaining a completely functional social facade and managing a billion dollar company.

Not mentioning being a "jack of all trades" that includes being master and expert in detective/mentalist work, countless applied sciences, disciplines and engineering branches that your genius level intellect and IQ of possibly above 190 allows you.

Sure you can "train", buy some toys and dress like a clown to fight crime, but that doesn't make you Batman, that makes you whatever other "more flawed/realistic" Batman derivative Marvel or else have created, even if you train your whole life that may put you in the level of the Punisher, maybe Moon Knight if you have the money. But not Batman.

Hell, not even the Flash has been shown to be as knowledgeable or cunning as Batman, and the dude can think in attoseconds.

Batman is as much fantasy as Superman.
    Last edited by GasparZizou; 12-17-2015 at 04:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GasparZizou View Post
    Okay, can you learn and master 127 martial arts? Can you train your body to an extend of having a decades spanning career of crimefighting that may frequently include mutants, aliens, gods etc, despite frequently being sleep deprived to the point of not sleeping for a week without experiencing loss in cognitive or physical efficiency, all that while still maintaining a completely functional social facade and managing a billion dollar company.

Not mentioning being a "jack of all trades" that includes being master and expert in detective/mentalist work, countless applied sciences, disciplines and engineering branches that your genius level intellect and IQ of possibly above 190 allows you.

Sure you can "train", buy some toys and dress like a clown to fight crime, but that doesn't make you Batman, that makes you whatever other "more flawed/realistic" Batman derivative Marvel or else have created, even if you train your whole life that may put you in the level of the Punisher, maybe Moon Knight if you have the money. But not Batman.

Hell, not even the Flash has been shown to be as knowledgeable or cunning as Batman, and the dude can think in attoseconds.

Batman is as much fantasy as Superman.
    If your really gonna go that far your debunking every film character, Indiana Jones, James Bond etc etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk