Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 2 of 1226 FirstFirst 12345612521025021002 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Feedback
    48 (100%)
    Default Re: Hot Toys - BvS: Dawn of Justice - Batman

Too much vichyssoise.

Anyone know what this will retail for?

Super Freak
    Feedback
    9 (100%)
    Follow greygoose on Flickr Visit greygoose's Youtube Channel Visit greygoose's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by DiFabio View Post
    Something really off putting about Batman that I can't put my finger on. He looks really funky. It's the torso, crotch area and legs or something, like he doesn't fill out the suit.

The interchangeable eyes are interesting.
    Something does look off but overall it still looks good. The suit looks great!

Quote Originally Posted by greygoose View Post
    Something does look off but overall it still looks good. The suit looks great!
    The suit does look nice and well made, he just doesn't fill it out right at all. Still, just a proto, I'm sure they'll pad him out.

I love his weapons and gadgets, much cooler looking than the Nolan stuff. I love that grapple gun and the sniper rifle is awesome. The most telling thing is how much those faceplates/mouths look JUST like Affleck on there own, not attached to the mask/cowl.

Looks fantastic to me. Although is that rubber? :'(

Freaked Out!
    Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by Platty View Post
    Looks great on the whole, but he does look a little oddly shaped in the stomach area.

He looks a little 'flat' compared to the overly muscular on screen suit

Even so, for an articulated figure it's incredible.

Head sculpt and mouths are fantastic.

This is a 100% pre order.
    I agree it is lacking muscle definition... needs to be a bit trimmer round the waist too, however it still looks great and is a definite buy for me regardless.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    9 (100%)
    Follow greygoose on Flickr Visit greygoose's Youtube Channel Visit greygoose's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by DiFabio View Post
    The suit does look nice and well made, he just doesn't fill it out right at all. Still, just a proto, I'm sure they'll pad him out.

I love his weapons and gadgets, much cooler looking than the Nolan stuff. I love that grapple gun and the sniper rifle is awesome. The most telling thing is how much those faceplates/mouths look JUST like Affleck on there own, not attached to the mask/cowl.
    Funny that people call him Fatman yet as you said the figure actually needs to be padded out more, especially around the waist and he needs more muscle definition. I'm sure it's been rushed slightly and they will continue to work on the figure.

I wonder how the eyes will be changed? Through the mouth pieces?

That ridiculously thick neck and dumpy body makes this figure a total failure. The only way it could get any worse is if the suit is indeed rubber.

I think it looks like a cool version of Bat-Man. The bulkier version isn't bad. I am definitely feeling the Frank Miller look in the design. But, I can't get this if the movie stinks, and I am not feeling a lot of hope that it will be good. The grenade launcher and sniper rifle are aspects of Batman's character which isn't consistent with most of his history. Yes, you can find a half dozen moments when Batman uses a gun throughout out the many years of Batman's history, but this is so tiny compared to Batman's dominant portrayal of not wanting to use the same tools used in the murder of his parents to bring about justice. The same is true with Superman killing in the Man of Steel, yes there are a half dozen times in his comic history where he may have been portrayed doing this, but that's not the dominant characteristic of Superman which has won out over the course of his history.

Visually these movies look good. I love the costume designs. But I am leery of the story. I want to be proven wrong. I want the film to win me over. And if it does I am going to get this Batman (maybe even the armored one if they make it), and Superman, and Wonder Woman (If they make her). But, I'll want to forget it and so I won't be getting these for my shelves.

Super Freak
    Feedback