Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 1 of 57 123451151 ... LastLast

Default 1/6 Batman: TAS figures coming from Mondo...

Mondocon is currently going on, and this was announced. No pics or anything yet but even with the dcc line, I'm very excited to get figures in that scale. Quick mention in the article below.

Action Figure Insider » Mondo Debuts 12″ Masters of the Universe Figures at MondoCon 2015 #MOTU

Super Freak
    Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Wow, first TMNT then Batman! He-Man sculpts look good but I don't have the cash to start another line.

"I know what freedom is. I know what it feels like to fight for it, and I know what it cost to have it." ~ Captain America

Nooo!! I'm going to be perpetually broke! I've wanted 1/6 BTAS forever, I never thought anyone would actually make it! I guess another line to be added to the list.

Ham and Egger MODERATOR
    Feedback
    86 (100%)
    Some folks have argued that B:TAS 1/6 scale figures wouldn't work with mixed media, so maybe the fully sculpted route is the best option here, but large versions of regular plastic toys just don't appeal much to me. Still curious to see how they come out, though.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    3 (100%)
    I'd think they'd have to be mixed media. The fully sculpted stuff works fine for 1/12th, but it's magnified tenfold each time you go up a scale (just look at stuff like NECA's Ledger Joker, for instance, or, even, their '66 Batman. You could, maybe, get away with a fully sculpted TAS Batman, but I just don't know how appealing someone like, Joker, for example, would be at that price point. I also feel like Mixed Media could really give the line its own identity, outside of just being "bigger," considering that the DCC stuff already has most of the features and accessories you'd associate with 1/6th, outside of the size.

Plus, I think Tony Meis showed you could do a pretty awesome TAS Batman is Mixed Media, and it seems like it would only get easier as you got further from the heroes (Joker, Two-Face, and others are pretty much just suits).

Sig courtesy of Cammo

Banned

Feedback

So awesome. Lets see... we need all the figures in the 6" to be made in the 1/6th line!

Hopefully these are not some 12" painted plastic crap figures though.... I want a fabric costume, leather boots, animated sculpt, accessories... for Batman, Robin, Nightwing, Batgirl..... Hopefully this line goes really deep.

I'm hoping for mixed media and I already have Tony's BTAS on order.

This is something I have been wishing someone would produce for years.

I thought Sideshow would have produced it when they got the 1/6 DC license but with their ultra slow release of the figures I gave up hope on that.

Looking forward to prototypes. If they are nice, Mondo will be getting my money.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    1 (100%)

Freaked Out!

Feedback
    Great idea but not the best company to be making these.
    I'm not really liking Mondo's business model so far. The silly limited number exclusives and the price tag.
    Compared to more competitive companies like NECA, Mezco, Diamond Select and DC Collectibles, Mondo is asking for a lot of money for their mostly plastic made figures.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    Bring it on! Loving what I'm seeing with Mondos TMNT line so I'm excited to see what they give us with Batman. If they do exclusives, I hope they're sweet!