Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 1 of 198 123451151101 ... LastLast

Default NECA: 1/4 Batman 1989 Michael Keaton figure

I thought it'd be a good idea to give this it's own thread. NECA is making a 1/4 '89 Batman slated for this Summer. Looks pretty good.

Based on the iconic 1989 film that defined Batman for the modern generation. We are honored to present this 18″ tall poseable figure featuring Michael Keaton’s likeness, utility belt, batarang, grapple-gun, interchangeable hands, and loads more. Featuring over 20 points of articulation, incredible detail, and a real fabric cape. This is a must have for Batman fans and collectors.

Release Date: Summer 2013

Will there be a 7" figure line, they did it for Terminator? Battle Damaged? Jack Nicholson Joker? TDK? Batman Returns?

I wonder if Hot Toys will bust out some 1/4 '89 Batman stuff too, we know they're doing Batman Returns.

Discuss . . .

Last edited by DiFabio; 11-17-2013 at 01:26 PM.

Batmod
    Feedback
    8 (100%)
    Likeness/cowl could be much better IMO
    Click below to watch my band's music video

Super Freak
    Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Love the figure. HT's figure is perfect but there's always room for more Keaton.

Yeah, I think the eyes are too far up near the forehead. Maybe a thicker neck too. Then again, there hasn't been a good shot of it straight on.

Impressed with the cape and armor sculpting.

Super Freak
    In your basement next to the Halloween decorations.
    Feedback
    9 (100%)
    Its crazy how we went years...no...DECADES with any inkling of likeness and quality figures and collectibles of 89 Batman (And 66 Batman) and now we are getting bombarded with all of it. Its great.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    162 (100%)
    The cape sucks just like the hot toys one , other than that and the positioning of the eyes to mouth ratio , looks great

Sorry, quick question, but if NECA has the license to do 1/4 scale of '89 Batman, doesn't that mean no other company can make the same Batman in the same scale? Or does it not work that way?

I assumed that's why NECA is only making 1/4 Avengers, because other companies have the license to 6 inch and 1/6 scale?

Well either way, this prototype looks good, I can't wait to see the final product since Cap turned out nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by Mogli View Post
    I assumed that's why NECA is only making 1/4 Avengers, because other companies have the license to 6 inch and 1/6 scale?

Hot Toys supposedly has the 1/4 Avengers license, they announced a while ago. They're still in development though.

All these companies seem to be on the same page. Since 2009 with Terminator Merchandise, they all seem to have been making different things with the same license.

Oh and I love Hot Toys' cape, this one appears to be very similar. Yeah, it takes awhile to futz, but the out come is worth it. Does anyone remember the crappy capes that were available for customs before Hot Toys came along? They looked nothing like the real thing.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    3 (100%)
    This is the best figure at NECAs booth imo.
    A REAL HERO

Quote Originally Posted by DiFabio View Post
    Hot Toys supposedly has the 1/4 Avengers license, they announced a while ago. They're still in development though.

All these companies seem to be on the same page. Since 2009 with Terminator Merchandise, they all seem to have been making different things with the same license.
    Wow I completely forgot about that, thanks for reminding me. That makes things very interesting then, I can't wait to see how HT will respond to all this stuff from NECA. (Although 1/4 is too big for me for now haha, but I still like seeing the pics of the figures)