Welcome to SideshowCollectors.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 94 of 974 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104144194594 ... LastLast
    Got the memo.
    Feedback
    Default Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Quote Originally Posted by DiFabio View Post
    How come nobody gets up in arms about the Toynami canopy hatch and how wrong it is? The Hot Toys canopy is pretty much perfect, nothing like this pointy, bullet looking thing. You can tell they stylized it purposely.

Not to fuel the Hot Toys vs Toynami fire, but...

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagic View Post
    2. The canopy is oddly cone-shaped and pointy--admittedly, like the patent blueprint has them drawn, but the real car's canopy is more rounded off in front--like the 1:18 Hot Wheels version.
    ...it has been mentioned among other flaws. But I see your point. Both models have inaccuracies, in fact, ALL models of the 1989 Batmobile have some, and if all collectors were to go over each with the same fine tooth comb attention that the Hot Toys is getting here, it would be easy to find a bunch of errors with any model. If the argument against Hot Toys version is "for that high price, it should be better", then it follows that "for the Toynami price, it should be perfect". Guess what? Neither is.

Quote Originally Posted by JEDSTER View Post
    Yeah, i thought that was the dumbest thing in the world when they approved the high gloss black, the bright silver exhaust and the clear headlights (when it supposed to be clear yellow).

According to George, the guy who runs toynami, he said that WB wanted the gloss black on the Toynami piece.

So dumb. Hahahahahaha.

Oh well, at least I color corrected mine, so it's better now.
    Yeah I wasn't going to rehash every thing I think is wrong with the Toynami right out of the box (already did that), I was just taking an easy shot at it, since your post about "WB approval" was too easy of an alley-oop for me not to dunk.
    http://i1170.photobucket.com/albums/r527/NYBowser/DarkMagic_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagic View Post

...it has been mentioned among other flaws. But I see your point. Both models have inaccuracies, in fact, ALL models of the 1989 Batmobile have some, and if all collectors were to go over each with the same fine tooth comb attention that the Hot Toys is getting here, it would be easy to find a bunch of errors with any model. If the argument against Hot Toys version is "for that high price, it should be better", then it follows that "for the Toynami price, it should be perfect". Guess what? Neither is.

I had no idea it was mentioned before and I've ventured into that thread quite a few times. Sorry about that, good to see we're on the same page.

But yeah, that's what I'm getting at. Every Batmobile to date has had it's "flaws" and inaccuracies. People make it sound like this Hot Toys version is horrifically altered and that it costs too much with all of it's inaccuracies. That's simply not the case.

Originally when we got the first pics from SDCC, I thought the Batmobile was WAY out of proportion. It seemed way too short and squat. I don't know if it was because the canopy was open or the angles it was shot from, but it didn't look right to me.

Then when Pitu made that great, behind the scenes video, any doubts I had were silenced, especially when he opened and closed the canopy.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hstX6MwAc6s[/ame]

Since then, it's only gotten better. From the accurate dimensions (people kept claiming the L x W x H was compromised) to the features this thing has become everything people wanted and more. I can't fault what they've shown us so far. Even the price turned out better than what most expected. Typically these types of collectibles are better in hand so I don't really see what the problem is. It'll never be perfect.

GO BLUE!!!
    Feedback
    12 (100%)

damn and here i thought my only concern was fitting batman in the car with that sturdy body he has.

blackthornone brings up a lot of good points, maybe they'll do what they did with iron man mark i which is re-release it and call it classic batmobile

Freaked Out!
    Feedback
    6 (100%)
    Preordered mine from Super Power Collectibles today

This thread is getting so Im sure 99% of people know its the batmobile If they don't they haven't seen the movie... And if it bothers you that much don't buy it Hot toys do not have your arm up your back

Some people need to grow up.. The real Batmobile cost loadsa money to build and building an exact replica in this scale will take lots of time which means lots of money.

Lets not forget this is a cheap but good replica of the 89 car, The perfectionists in this thread need to understand exactly how good this is at this price point and take it for what it is.

A good example of the 89 car
    Last edited by MR Regan; 02-28-2012 at 09:49 PM.

Banned
    Feedback
    Do we have to put up with this BS all year?
    Don't read it...pretty simple.

BB

Super Freak
    Feedback
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by buzzybean View Post
    Don't read it...pretty simple.

BB
    Or unsubscribe to the thread until it gets close to the car being release.

'Til the wheels falls off
    Feedback
    28 (100%)
    Do we have to put up with this BS all year?

Damn batvirigins are ruining all the fun
    Like a boss :

Quote Originally Posted by The Josh View Post
    They did something cool. Fans should be pleased but you and most Heat fans I know got it coming. You guys have been such a bunch if giant *******s to deal with. Even worse than LA fans when they had that run with Phil or NY fans in general. I admit internally I'm not being a good sport and that I'm dancing on your grave.
    JSTEP's pics of poly's and dollies collection...Pics:
    http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/fo...37#post3082937

As far as I'm concerned Hot Toys version looks better than the real thing.

Page 94 of 974 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104144194594 ... LastLast