Welcome to SideshowCollectors.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 5 of 458 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
    Freakazoid
    Feedback
    Default Re: The Dark Knight: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible (relaunch)

Quote Originally Posted by SSC EX Hunter View Post
    Dino... I say....POWER TO THE SCALPERS!!!! AMERICAN CAPITALISM BABY!!!!
    As opposed to "Chinese Capitalism"...?

I love the bashing going on in this thread because it puts forth the idea that only the secondary market should profit on a company's product, that company itself be damned...

"Sir, we sold out of (XXXXXX). We could make a lot of money on a rerelease."

"No, people on the Internet might get angry with us and we don't want to deal with that microcosmical negative impact. Leave that potential money on the table and send our congratuations to (YYYYY) for his overwhelming profit on eBay."

I have the only right.
    Feedback
    15 (100%)

I'm torn as many of you are. In one hand I'm glad this is becoming available to those that missed out and don't have to resort to after market prices. On the other hand how are these collectibles when they'll just be re-released later on down the line. This isn't like they've improved on this; it's a straight re-release. At least with Mark I there are some improvements and it's not exactly like the first.
    I don't collect for value. I collect what I like, but it is nice to know you have something that very few people have.
    C:\Documents and Settings\Javier Osuna\My Documents\My Pictures\Fodder\ElderPredator-2.jpg

Super Freak
    Feedback
    8 (100%)
    Hot Toys is experiencing insane growth. So many new collectors are jumping in the mix. It's clear from the 1/4 of everything announcements that they feel no economic bubbles will be burst, and it's clear from this they feel making money off new collectors in spite of old collectors is fine too. Time will tell the truth of it all, but I could easily see 3 new fans stepping in for every 1 pissed off old fan that drops out
    [IMG][/IMG]

Hot Toys déjà vu! I missed out on this the first go around. I wonder if HT will be doing any enhancements/improvements on this re-release like they are doing on the Mark I.

By agreeing with these large quantity releases, and large re-releases, you are defeating the very purpose of "High-End" collecting

Quote Originally Posted by DiFabio View Post
    Nah too drastic. I mean it sucks, sure but not for those that don't have it. It basically comes down to the "haves" and the "have nots". Hot Toys see the secondary market and they see $$$ so they cater to the "have nots".

They'll make a profit for a time until the market bites them back in the ass when their product has saturated and supply exceeds demand.

When the supply exceeds the demand there will be a surplus of "collectibles" that nobody wants and it'll fall apart. Not to mention the collectors that will feel rubbed the wrong way by all the re-releases.
    hot toys produces according to pre orders plus a few many more. , how can there be excess when scalpers stay out and only thos who want order , they neednt ever worry about running out of business because of reissues.because lots of new people join every year and would like to back track if not at least hope for a improvement , otherwise another company will just step in and improve a line which hot toys has already done , leading to hot toys end. recent example would be the enterbay t800. already murmurs are there its better than the the one hot toys put out , if hot toys doesnt do anything people will move onto enterbay, simple,loyalty will go out the window

Quote Originally Posted by DiFabio View Post
    Nah too drastic. I mean it sucks, sure but not for those that don't have it. It basically comes down to the "haves" and the "have nots". Hot Toys see the secondary market and they see $$$ so they cater to the "have nots".

They'll make a profit for a time until the market bites them back in the ass when their product has saturated and supply exceeds demand.

When the supply exceeds the demand there will be a surplus of "collectibles" that nobody wants and it'll fall apart. Not to mention the collectors that will feel rubbed the wrong way by all the re-releases.

Freakazoid
    Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Never owned the Tumbler, very excited about getting one- at retail, to boot. I personally don't see what's wrong with Hot Toys re-releasing this vehicle to capitalize on the hype for TDKR. If it can bring in new customers and guarantee they keep making new releases, isn't this a win for everyone? I mean, except for the guy that dropped a grand on this...

Super Freak
    Feedback
    8 (100%)
    I wish they would just drop the limited edition schtick and manufacture as many and for how long as people are there to buy. Like Entropy said, rarity is only cool on stuff in super limited quantities anyway. Right now it's just an illusion that's going to end up pissing you off if you think something made in the thousands is rare
    [IMG][/IMG]

Page 5 of 458 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast