Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 759 of 760 FirstFirst ... 259659709749755756757758759760 LastLast
Results 7,581 to 7,590 of 7592
  1. #7581
    Freaked Out!
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    876
    Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Reputation

    Default Re: Hot Toys Bruce Wayne/Batman (2011 Toy Con Ex) review + pics

    This was my second HT figure and still one of my favorites.
    I don't dislike the cowl out of the box, I think it is a good representation of the character.
    The many custom cowls I've seen are in my opinion inferior or equal to the HT one, not better.

    One mod really needs to be done though; shortening the neck (see here).
    I left two little thin tabs for the cape clips when cutting the bottom of the cowl and I made the front of the neck slightly pointy.
    I still need to grind the neck post thinner in order to get more space between it and the cowl for the cape, it will make the whole thing seat better.
    I fixed the boots, varnished the gauntlets and repositioned the crotch area so it looks like there's something in there.
    Very happy with this guy!


  2. #7582
    Freaked Out!
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    876
    Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Reputation
    I properly placed the cape and clips.
    The reshaped neck bottom ans clips now have that bat symbol shape that is visible on the real suit.
    I'll call this one done for now, with this neck mod I don't need to push the chin down in order to eliminate the giraffe neck.
    He now looks natural in most poses.



  3. #7583
    Super Freak
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    OK
    Posts
    14,923
    Feedback
    173 (100%)
    Reputation
    Add Cocoboloboy on Facebook
    Looks great, Tourist! This is one I’d like to pick up again someday.

  4. #7584
    Freaked Out!
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    876
    Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by Cocoboloboy View Post
    Looks great, Tourist! This is one I’d like to pick up again someday.
    Thank you, I'm glad I kept mine.
    Other than a custom cape everything in the box can look great with a bit of extra work.

  5. #7585
    Super Freak
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    lubbock tx
    Posts
    2,236
    Feedback
    28 (100%)
    Reputation
    I fixed the boots and I do have a custom head and cape on it. I prefer this suit to the dark knight suit. He just looks so mean in Batman Begins. Love this figure too. Need to get all my figures set back up.

  6. #7586
    This is one of the few Batman designs I'd like to see them take another crack at. 2011 right around when HT was really upping their game and I feel like this guy kind of got the short end of the stick as far as design and production (I mean look at the rampant ankle issues). I feel like a new version with their current level of production would come out really nice.

  7. #7587
    Super Freak
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    OK
    Posts
    14,923
    Feedback
    173 (100%)
    Reputation
    Add Cocoboloboy on Facebook
    It would sell no problem if they did a 3.0. They’ve even improved a lot on human sculpts/paint apps since then so an updated Wayne sculpt would be a good selling point.

  8. #7588
    Quote Originally Posted by chaosMonkeyPoo View Post
    This is one of the few Batman designs I'd like to see them take another crack at. 2011 right around when HT was really upping their game and I feel like this guy kind of got the short end of the stick as far as design and production (I mean look at the rampant ankle issues). I feel like a new version with their current level of production would come out really nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cocoboloboy View Post
    It would sell no problem if they did a 3.0. They’ve even improved a lot on human sculpts/paint apps since then so an updated Wayne sculpt would be a good selling point.

    I was tempted by this fig. a few times, but eventually the 1/4 version released and I was blown away by it. However I'd still like a 1/6 version, heck, maybe even a downscaled 1/4 would be good to me since I think its proportions and cowl are well done.

  9. #7589
    Freaked Out!
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    876
    Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by Zurdo95D View Post
    I was tempted by this fig. a few times, but eventually the 1/4 version released and I was blown away by it. However I'd still like a 1/6 version, heck, maybe even a downscaled 1/4 would be good to me since I think its proportions and cowl are well done.
    I had both the QS001 and Enterbay BB but realized that I wanted to stick with 1/6 figures so I sold them.
    I also thought the bodies on both 1/4 figures were oddly proportioned.
    You are right the new 1/4 HT Batman Begins looks good but this one makes me happy.

  10. #7590
    Freakazoid
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    313
    Feedback
    0
    Reputation
    I would also like a new 1/6 Batman Begins figure. Would love to have this version in my collection but I refuse to buy the old one with it's known issues, let alone spend more money on it than a new one would cost.

Similar Threads

  1. Batman/Bruce Wayne Hot Toys figure
    By odellwyoung34 in forum DC Comics- action figures
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-16-2011, 01:41 AM
  2. Hot Toys Batman Begins Bruce Wayne
    By small_studios in forum Items for auction
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-11-2011, 03:07 PM
  3. FS: Parts HOT TOYS BATMAN BEGINS / BRUCE WAYNE
    By Padrinno in forum For Sale/Trade- Action Figures
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-08-2011, 12:56 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •