Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
  • QMx Q-Master - Batman Family

Batman, the ultimate loner, is paradoxically all about family. You can see it in everything he does, everything he is. The death of his family made him. He fights to make sure no one else ever has to suffer the loss of loved ones like he did. And despite his protests to the contrary, he is forever building family around him.

Thatís what QMx Creative Director Mohammad Haque endeavored to capture in this figure, titled simply ďFamilyĒ. He wanted to explore this little discussed, but key aspect of the Batman character: That of family man. The result is the biggest, most detailed figural diorama QMx has ever made, the first in a new series of large format dioramas called ďQ-Master.Ē Family stands over 15 inches tall and has six different characters included in the diorama.

It encompasses the entire history of Batmanís relationships in crime fighting, including all his various proteges. Each sidekick is represented in this piece, with their positioning and expressions reflecting their personalities and relationships with Batman:

Jockeying for position over Batmanís right shoulder, Damian Wayne (Robin) and Jason Todd (Red Hood) battle with each other and try to get Batmanís attention. They lack the motivation and nobility that drives Batman, but very much want to live up to their training and the legacy of the Dark Knight.

Tim Drake (Red Robin) sits on Batmanís left shoulder and holds one of his cowlís ears. Tim, a great detective in his own right, seeks Batmanís approval and fatherly guidance.

Barbara Gordon (Batgirl) sits on Batmanís right arm and shares a playful look with him. Unlike his other partners, Barbara already has a strong father figure in Police Commissioner James Gordon. But in Batman, Batgirl sees a mentor who can teach her a different kind of crimefighting.

**** Grayson (Nightwing, formerly Robin) looks over Batmanís left shoulder. He was the first member of Batmanís family and he sees Bruce Wayne for the man he truly is. Nightwing is cool and confident, no longer looking for approval from Batman, but still finding inspiration in the Dark Knight as he follows his own path.

Q-Master is an evolution of the Q-Fig style, mixing both super-deformed and realistic elements. But don't be fooled - those sidekicks may look like Q-Figs, but they're actually 50% bigger!

As with all Q-Master dioramas, Family is a limited edition figure and will come with a numbered Certificate of Authenticity signed by itís creator, Mohammad Hague. It will ship in a specially designed collectors box to perfectly protect the diorama.

This article was originally published in forum thread: QMx Q-Master - Batman Family started by Darklord Dave View original post
    Comments 28 Comments
      Darklord Dave -
      All the Sidekicks are Q-Fig size, so Batman is 1:6 scale.
      goatchumby -
      Looks great! It's like the lighter version of XM's Batman Sanity.
      mawil05 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Darklord Dave View Post
      All the Sidekicks are Q-Fig size, so Batman is 1:6 scale.
      Maybe I'm wrong but I thought I heard Hawk said that the sidekicks are a little bit bigger than the Q-Fig size from SSLive the other day.
      Buttmunch -
      I’m not usually one for these cutesy stylized pieces but something about this I like. It’s nice to see Batman actually happy I guess. I just wish the outfits were more classic and less modern.
      The Mike -
      I love this piece, although cost will finally determine whether or not I bite. Just so much coming out now.
      Knightstalker -
      This is great, will definitely add this to the collection.
      thekyazzz -
      Well if the 199 USD price ive heard is true im 100% in. He also said in the Sideshow Videos that they are working on 10-15 more Qmaster Piece so i wonder if we will see something like this with Superman? or even Batman with Villains or Superman or even Marvel Pieces like Spiderman and family and stuff
      Knightstalker -
      Quote Originally Posted by thekyazzz View Post
      Well if the 199 USD price ive heard is true im 100% in. He also said in the Sideshow Videos that they are working on 10-15 more Qmaster Piece so i wonder if we will see something like this with Superman? or even Batman with Villains or Superman or even Marvel Pieces like Spiderman and family and stuff
      Do you have a link to the video?

Edit: nevermind, I found it.
      Iko Iko -
      Quote Originally Posted by The Mike View Post
      I love this piece, although cost will finally determine whether or not I bite. Just so much coming out now.
      This is $199.95 at Alter Ego Comics. Love the look of this but I don't think this cartoon style will work with the rest of my collection.
      AC_808 -
      HaHa ...this is awesome!

The art style reminds of Calvin and Hobbes.

AC_808 -
      Since this was showcased on Sideshow Live ...can I correctly assume that SSC will be selling this on their website?

Most likely BBTS will have it available on their site.
      mawil05 -
      Quote Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
      Since this was showcased on Sideshow Live ...can I correctly assume that SSC will be selling this on their website?

yes it's already available at BBTS I already ordered mine with $4 flat rate shipping
      Knightstalker -
      Quote Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post

Yep, I just POed mine as well. This is a must have.
      Phoenixblazes -
      Quote Originally Posted by Knightstalker View Post
      Yep, I just POed mine as well. This is a must have.
      Where did you order yours from? As I got to assume that’ll it’ll be up eventually for a lower price from Popcultcha.
      Knightstalker -
      Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
      Where did you order yours from? As I got to assume that’ll it’ll be up eventually for a lower price from Popcultcha.
      BBTS. I order most of my stuff through PC but I find it usually works out to be around the same price, and I wanted to make sure I got this statue.
      Phoenixblazes -
      BBTS. I order most of my stuff through PC but I find it usually works out to be around the same price, and I wanted to make sure I got this statue.
      That’s odd, I usually find that I have to spend 30% (Prime 1) to 60% (Sideshow/Hot Toys) on top of what I spend at Popcultcha for most of my pieces if I were to buy direct from Sideshow. Note this is after the various discounts I can get from Popcultcha.
      Knightstalker -
      Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
      Thatís odd, I usually find that I have to spend 30% (Prime 1) to 60% (Sideshow/Hot Toys) on top of what I spend at Popcultcha for most of my pieces if I were to buy direct from Sideshow. Note this is after the various discounts I can get from Popcultcha.
      Yeah true, itís good when you can use the pennies, but I try to save them for the really expensive pieces. Direct from SS seems to cost a lot more though, but from BBTS Iíve found the international shipping to be very reasonable
      Phoenixblazes -
      Yeah true, it’s good when you can use the pennies, but I try to save them for the really expensive pieces. Direct from SS seems to cost a lot more though, but from BBTS I’ve found the international shipping to be very reasonable
      Honestly I’ve sometimes gotten items cheaper from Popcultcha than the direct currency translation of the retail price from Sideshow even before shipping. That’s even before using my 10% discount/pennies. But I only buy Exclusives from Sideshow, otherwise why bother other than getting it shipped to me a bit earlier.
      josemanuelr8212 -
      Is a must have statue .. amazing and funny ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      dtmulvey -
      I actually wish they stuck with Hawk's concept art. It was Dark Knight Batman not Rebirth.Attachment 442808