Welcome to SideshowCollectors.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
  • Toys Will Be Toys looks at an early sample of Star Ace's Audrey Hepburn

This article was originally published in forum thread: Toys Will Be Toys looks at an early sample of Star Ace's Audrey Hepburn started by Darklord Dave View original post
    Comments 4 Comments
      Underworld54 -
      I think she looks great...big step up from the last couple figures.
      Kamandi -
      Soft sculpt on the face. Bad looking hand. This looks like a $50 Barbie not a $230 collectable.

Not my genre, but Audrey Hepburn was a stunning woman. This doesn't capture her.

kaltier -
      Quote Originally Posted by Underworld54 View Post
      I think she looks great...big step up from the last couple figures.
      this figure looks really nice. bit on the expensive side. but it looks really nice.. classy.
      demorathis -
      Looks like Martin Freeman in drag

It just isn’t feminine enough in the face the features are too masculine and not soft enough
      I’ve stared at her face for as long as I can remember and she needs someone with at least the same caliber of skill as the average hot toys sculptor. (Assuming a man sculpted her) I’ll add that Too many men who sculpt figures put their masculine traits into a figure without realizing it and that there are feminine traits that are being overlooked. I can’t put my finger on it without looking and typing since I am on my phone, but the face is too male. Men stronger brow bones, wider chins longer jaws, bigger ears and noses, especially older males, It’s just not quite there but I can tell who it’s supposed to be so they do have the obvious features but not the subtlety of her beauty

Or maybe she looks like an older version- but she was even skinnier when she got old. She too puffy in her face to have that simple Beauty. Cheek bones seem exaggerated etc. if they improve it I’ll be all over that figure since she’s one of my favorite classic Hollywood personalities.
  • Hot Toys Reviews

• Other 1/6 Reviews

• Statues/PF/Prop Reviews

• Video Fun with Collectibles