Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
  • 1/6 Hot Toys Rogue One: JYN ERSO

Toys Will be Toys looks at Jyn Erso from Star Wars Rogue One

This article was originally published in forum thread: 1/6 Hot Toys Rogue One: JYN ERSO started by Wor-Gar View original post
    Comments 557 Comments
      chrisstruthers -
      Tempted to pick this up but I like Rogue One less as time goes on and the more times I watch it.
      JonWes -
      Quote Originally Posted by matrix69 View Post
      Super cool shot! Is that a dio or just a particularly appropriate background you found?
      BagginsOfBagEnd -
      Awesome pic matrix69!!
      illproxy -
      Quote Originally Posted by chrisstruthers View Post
      Tempted to pick this up but I like Rogue One less as time goes on and the more times I watch it.
      read the book is 10x better than movie, loved it.
      matrix69 -
      Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
      Super cool shot! Is that a dio or just a particularly appropriate background you found?
      That's an environment i made from a few years back....Attachment 386801

Quote Originally Posted by BagginsOfBagEnd View Post
      Awesome pic matrix69!!
      WesMordine -
      Impressive... most impressive.

Enviado desde mi SM-J500M mediante Tapatalk
      generalszabo -
      Quote Originally Posted by matrix69 View Post
      Great shot, did you lighten the hair at all?
      sithocan -
      Hello, I'm a newbie. I also think likeness is off. But in some previous photos comparing the figüre and real Miss Felicity, I realized that the distinguishing lines are actually there but subtle. I also considered that the thing with the figure's eyes is they are in shadow. The space between her eyes and eyebrows is in shade but in reality, there's not so much shadow in that space in Miss Felicity's face. Probably the eye area were sculpted deeper than it should be. So I made a few changes in photoshop (Color the hair and irises, remove the shadows over eyelids, accentuated the cheek, jaw and lip lines). What do you think? Can it be done in the figure. Note that I'm not Professional image editor.

Attachment 386875re itself?
      chrisstruthers -
      She looks completely different in that picture than she does in the film though.
      Hoody999 -
      Hello Sithocan. Welcome.

I suggest going back a few pages in this thread and reading what we discussed about the effect of lighting on this (and actually all) figures.

Also comparison photos taken etc.
      cloudfilter -
      I love the figure, but I guess I'll never know if I can improve the sculpt unless I try...
      Attachment 386895
      Hoody999 -
      Quote Originally Posted by cloudfilter View Post
      I love the figure, but I guess I'll never know if I can improve the sculpt unless I try...
      Attachment 386895
      Interesting......
      sithocan -
      Thank you Hoody999.
      Actually I read most, if not all, of last 20 pages and this photo I've edited was there also (I forgot who shared it, sorry). I love the figüre, I want to buy the figüre (I must admit, you are lucky, its retail price is equal to 420 USD where I live). But that head sculpt really puts me away. I am between Rey&BB8 and this. I probably buy Rey&BB8 set but I considering buying this one also.
      And Dave said Creg Customs is making one sculpt but they sell without painting and I don't have any chance to make it painted.
      And one more thing, I am certain she's eventually off but does she look better in hand, even a little?
      WesMordine -
      Rey's sculpt is way off, possibly more than this one.

Sent from my SM-T531 using Tapatalk
      matrix69 -
      Quote Originally Posted by generalszabo View Post
      Great shot, did you lighten the hair at all?
      Yes..i dry-brushed it with a lighter brown
      WesMordine -
      Quote Originally Posted by sithocan View Post
      And one more thing, I am certain she's eventually off but does she look better in hand, even a little?

She looks way better. Especially since I tampered with the hairsculpt.

Sent from my SM-T531 using Tapatalk
      BagginsOfBagEnd -
      Finally got my shipping notice today...I should have her early next week!
      Tee-Kay -
      Mine landed home today. Thirteen months since RO got released on the big screen and i finally have a chance to display that Jyn along Chirrut and K-2SO. Come on HT, just a handful of releases and i'll be happy with my RO display.
      momaw -
      These two just go together.

WesMordine -
      She looks all "bad girl" on that last one... [emoji48]

Enviado desde mi SM-J500M mediante Tapatalk
  • Hot Toys Reviews

• Other 1/6 Reviews

• Statues/PF/Prop Reviews

• Video Fun with Collectibles