Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
  • The Review Spot looks at the QMx Star Trek TOS Captain's Chair

This article was originally published in forum thread: QMX Star Trek General discussion thread started by darthkush View original post
    Comments 1768 Comments
      nanjin -
      Quote Originally Posted by Cr00ky View Post
      That sounds fantastic and it’s great that Trek fans with the funds and space will be able to buy these variants. Personally speaking I simply don’t have enough room in my house for multiples of the same character so would really appreciate the opportunity to purchase an accessory pack for the figures I do have (variant costumes, headsculpts etc)...
      My suggestion is to change your display every now and then. I myself doesnt like to see the figures standing around, reminded me of the time when my teacher told me to stand at the corner.

Try that, rotate you figures for display. I used to do this every 15th and 30th of the month.

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk
      nanjin -
      Quote Originally Posted by Raymond F. View Post
      you are always out track hero Nanjin (among other characters on the market too by the way We appreciate all you do to make Trek a reality, its already been a lot more than a 5 year mission that's for sure haha
      heading to 10 years [emoji4]

nanjin -
      Quote Originally Posted by davejames View Post
      It looked like Nanjin was still tweaking the sculpt on the Beyond Kirk, so there's a chance it might still be released. Although if we ever do see him, I'm guessing he'll just be in a regular uniform instead of that super complex away outfit.

Personally I would love to have both.
      I want to move beyond TShirts and plain outfit. I want to do some high tech look Trek figures.

nanjin -
      Quote Originally Posted by faststreetsofhongkong View Post
      TMP Spock when he first boards the Enterprise:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      [emoji1666]

faststreetsofhongkong -
      Quote Originally Posted by nanjin View Post
      [emoji1666]

[emoji1666]

faststreetsofhongkong -
      Nanjin,

We all respect you and your work. You have obviously put your heart and your soul into every project that you do, and it is greatly appreciated by all of us.

Since your going to do TMP 1/6th scale figures, and bring us all back to our childhoods, that kind of makes you a Creator, so please remember one thing:

“The Creator must join with V’ger.”

Oxnard Montalvo -
      Quote Originally Posted by davejames View Post
      Yup, that would be the one TMP Spock to get, over one in his drab regular uniform.
      If you watch the scene carefully, he's wearing his duty uniform under the robe. So two birds with one stone. Or make the black robe an exclusive.
      spindrift -
      They are never going to do all the crews from each series- we all know that.
      Yes Captains first from the other series- then shift to second most popular in each show(Data is easy for TNG- but DS9? ...hard one)

Love Janeway and Seven and yes Archer would be great..
      1sixthtoyz -
      Quote Originally Posted by nanjin View Post
      If the figures can bring a smile to your face and if they can remind you of who you once was, you have repaid all my work. [emoji4]

My fortune is seeing people with a smile.

That’s what the joker said lol
      nanjin -
      Quote Originally Posted by faststreetsofhongkong View Post
      Nanjin,

We all respect you and your work. You have obviously put your heart and your soul into every project that you do, and it is greatly appreciated by all of us.

Since your going to do TMP 1/6th scale figures, and bring us all back to our childhoods, that kind of makes you a Creator, so please remember one thing:

“The Creator must join with V’ger.”

Bald heads give me creeps... because of the mold line is difficult to “disappear”

But...

I just met a new friend who does molds for XX. He is willing to “teach” my mold dude, Jacky, the skill. This skill usually is viewed as a ticket for high income and never taught to others. But, after I shown this guy where I am heading for my final destination, he is willing to help me with no $ sign in his formula.

Ilia can be a good challenge for Jacky to fine tone his newly learnt skill.

I like Lt Ilia.

nanjin -
      Quote Originally Posted by 1sixthtoyz View Post
      That’s what the joker said lol
      You Either Die A Hero, Or You Live Long Enough To See Yourself Become The Villain

I didnt die a Hero a few years back, so I live as a villain there after [emoji110]

nanjin -
      Quote Originally Posted by Oxnard Montalvo View Post
      If you watch the scene carefully, he's wearing his duty uniform under the robe. So two birds with one stone. Or make the black robe an exclusive.
      If I am the product manager, i will position these 3 figures as bare bone figures just for the TMP Anniversary (minimum molds to reduce fixed cost) A product strategy that frequently used by the Great Grandfather of high grade 1/6 Company - Medicom in their Ultraman and Masked Rider line (they consistently produced 25+ years of these two lines)

A product and customer loyalty Reinforcement instrument.

Pauln6a -
      I think bare bones could work. Not bare Bones though. That would be wrong.

You could even just do a head sculpt, robe, shoes, and sensor to stick on a separately purchased seamless body for Ilia, although not sure how the fan base might react.
      spindrift -
      TMP figures- instant buy-QMX needs to go a route and produce lower numbers so they don't overproduce and leave bunches sitting in warehouses. I'd welcome a "limited edition" release that you can preorder through them...anything just get them made
      nanjin -
      Quote Originally Posted by spindrift View Post
      TMP figures- instant buy-QMX needs to go a route and produce lower numbers so they don't overproduce and leave bunches sitting in warehouses. I'd welcome a "limited edition" release that you can preorder through them...anything just get them made
      I hear your last 4 words loud and clear from you last post.

thedarkknight -
      If we are going on anniversaries, my guess is 2022 for the Wrath of Khan figures.
      Pauln6a -
      Quote Originally Posted by DinoMan View Post
      OMG, that's way too long away from now. But you may be right. Instead I hope they release TWoK Kirk/Spock/Khan relatively soon (1 year) and in 2022 for the 40th Anniversary they release McCoy (or remaining bridge crew including Saavik) and maybe Kirk/Spock in field jackets? Keeping momentum is important.
      I could see them saving Khan and Saavik for the anniversary and releasing Kirk and Spock beforehand but that might depend on their TOS schedule. Sulu, Uhura, Chekov, Kirk 2, Spock 2, and TMP Kirk in no particular order would take us to mid 2020 assuming a 3 month release schedule and that's without any TNG in the mix.
      ymba -
      The problem with such a long leg
      is most of the hard core fans could
      be gone by then.

You can already see the 1/6 collectors
      unfortunately are slowly leaving the hobby
      everywhere you look.

Look at the threads here on the board.
      Everywhere you look is like a ghost town
      Other than your HT Iron man and Avenger
      discussion
      Pauln6a -
      Quote Originally Posted by ymba View Post
      The problem with such a long leg
      is most of the hard core fans could
      be gone by then.

You can already see the 1/6 collectors
      unfortunately are slowly leaving the hobby
      everywhere you look.

Look at the threads here on the board.
      Everywhere you look is like a ghost town
      Other than your HT Iron man and Avenger
      discussion
      I'm determined to stay alive until I have all the TMP crew posed on a 1/6 scale refit bridge.
      nanjin -
      Quote Originally Posted by thedarkknight View Post
      If we are going on anniversaries, my guess is 2022 for the Wrath of Khan figures.
      see if I can prove you wrong [emoji6]

• Hot Toys Reviews

• Other 1/6 Reviews

• Statues/PF/Prop Reviews

• Video Fun with Collectibles