Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
  • The Review Spot looks at the QMx Star Trek TOS Captain's Chair

This article was originally published in forum thread: QMX Star Trek General discussion thread started by darthkush View original post
    Comments 1765 Comments
      Pauln6a -
      I think there are plans to do a second run Kirk and, since they have teased Mirror Spock, they might go for a green shirt / mirror exclusive Kirk? Maybe they'll do the Mirror outfit with the Exclusive Uhura as well?
      Marine Boy -
      Forget variants for now, do the rest of the main cast.
      xipotec -
      This line has been an unqualified success....

Not a lot of mention about what they are doing here outside these threads....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      davejames -
      Rewatched Star Trek Beyond last night and I'm still really hoping they release that Kirk with the away outfit. It's such a cool look.
      Raymond F. -
      Quote Originally Posted by Marine Boy View Post
      Forget variants for now, do the rest of the main cast.
      I totally agree . It could exhaust the market.
      Mike86 -
      I donít think variants of characters like Kirk and Spock would exhaust the market considering theyíre the main stars. If they started doing variants for every crew member it would be different.
      Sybeck1 -
      I'm more willing to buy seperate uniforms than a new figure with just a new shirt. Would gladly buy the wrap around tunic,dress tunic etc. Seperately but not buy full figure. Bring on Scott Sulu Uhura Chekov first
      1sixthtoyz -
      Quote Originally Posted by Sybeck1 View Post
      I'm more willing to buy seperate uniforms than a new figure with just a new shirt. Would gladly buy the wrap around tunic,dress tunic etc. Seperately but not buy full figure. Bring on Scott Sulu Uhura Chekov first
      Agreed get the main characters 1st. Then we can have variants and other cast members. TOS 1st[emoji868]
      RED SHOES -
      In order to keep those that were "late to the party" onboard, they need to make sure Kirk and Spock are readily available for purchase. Even super-fans won't want to display McCoy, Scotty, Sulu, etc. without the two main stars.
      Oxnard Montalvo -
      Perhaps they could do limited runs and sell them themselves rather than 'flooding the market'. That way if you're late on board, K and S are constantly available from QMX and retailers aren't stuck with duplicate figures that they can't shift to more than a handful of 'late adopters'
      Pauln6a -
      There must be a sweet spot but despite our protestations, I think duplicate Kirk and Spocks still sell better than many other figures. We can hope that the sales of the supporting characters are high enough alongside the variants.
      Drake -
      The time to release a Kirk variant was at the same time as the Captain's chair, that way they could have tempted new customers as well as old ones who could have been sold on the idea of another Kirk just for displaying with the chair. It seems that time has passed now, so best to just move on to new characters for now. At least in my view.
      samueljd -
      I opened my Captain's Chair yesterday and the piece is amazing. Such attention to detail and the cool sound and lights are fun.
      Fremen -
      I get my chair today and I just ordered Khan.
      So excited for the chair.
      Raymond F. -
      Love the chair so much. It’s just so great. And Khan! So so good.
      1sixthtoyz -
      Quote Originally Posted by RED SHOES View Post
      In order to keep those that were "late to the party" onboard, they need to make sure Kirk and Spock are readily available for purchase. Even super-fans won't want to display McCoy, Scotty, Sulu, etc. without the two main stars.
      If they make different Kirks and Spocks and also offer clothes accessories it would all work out nicely.
      Lumos -
      I'm getting a little tired of waiting for their Beyond Kirk figure...
      Fremen -
      I too want that one.
      Mike86 -
      At least one thing about QMX that I like is that when they announce a figure the turn around time between pre-order and delivery is relatively short. Thatís one thing that bothers me with Hot Toys and Sideshow is getting an announcement and a pre-order only to have to wait a year or more until the item is in hand.

1sixthtoyz -
      Quote Originally Posted by Mike86 View Post
      At least one thing about QMX that I like is that when they announce a figure the turn around time between pre-order and delivery is relatively short. Thatís one thing that bothers me with Hot Toys and Sideshow is getting an announcement and a pre-order only to have to wait a year or more until the item is in hand.

Very frustrating to wait a year for a Figure. Distinctive Dummies is about a month turnaround time too. Kudas to QMx
  • Hot Toys Reviews

• Other 1/6 Reviews

• Statues/PF/Prop Reviews

• Video Fun with Collectibles