Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
  • The Review Spot looks at the QMx Star Trek TOS Captain's Chair

This article was originally published in forum thread: QMX Star Trek General discussion thread started by darthkush View original post
    Comments 1764 Comments
      stickman -
      Great, thanks Sybeck!
      Mike86 -
      I wonder when weíll get a new reveal. Curious whatís up next.
      Astra -
      Quote Originally Posted by stickman View Post
      What site do you use to host and post your pictures? I seem to only be able to post links and would love to share photos again.
      You can also upload pictures right here by clicking onto the Insert Image button in the reply message.
      Star Puffs -
      Let's see a new TNG release before more TOS.
      Mike86 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Star Puffs View Post
      Let's see a new TNG release before more TOS.
      Agreed. My Picard will be here next week and needs some crew mates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      nanjin -
      Quote Originally Posted by Sybeck1 View Post
      Hey Nanjin, will you be in New York in February?
      Yes, about mid Feb. I will retutn to HK and visit my daughter via NYC.

Sent from my SM-N9500 using Tapatalk
      Protozaius -
      Has anyone who ordered their Captain's Chair through Entertainment Earth receive theirs yet? Getting a bit impatient.
      greatlakes6 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Protozaius View Post
      Has anyone who ordered their Captain's Chair through Entertainment Earth receive theirs yet? Getting a bit impatient.
      On their site it says January.
      Sybeck1 -
      I cancelled with Ent Earth and ordered from QMX
      Protozaius -
      I should have done that. The only thing I ever pre-ordered from Entertainment Earth was the NECA Lawgiver statue... only to have my order cancelled by them weeks after the piece was released because they didn't order enough from NECA.
      greatlakes6 -
      I went with Entertainment Earth because of the price, $99 plus $15 shipping.
      Raymond F. -
      Aside from a few misses:

- the head on McCoy looking cheap and his overall build
      - the build and outfit on Picard and his staining

I would throw Khan and Kirk and the chair as number one all time great figures. And I love the others too despite the issues.

This line is a gem and may be line of the year in my books. We are truly lucky as trek fans.

Iím not a ďfor the priceĒ guy but I will say other companies charging as little aka threezero... just saying.. pay attention to what can be done.

QMX are heroís in my book.

If next year is as good as this... wow. Completing the original crew and the TNG crew with a few wrath of khans and a few deep space nine... dream come true for me. I hope we get there!
      Pauln6a -
      Agreed! I think if Khan and the chair are considered successful, it bodes well for more limited run niche products in the future. It's looking hopeful for the main TOS and TNG crew plus a few outliers like Saavik and Seven. I'll be interested to see if they can stretch to supporting characters like Chapel, Rand, Barclay, or Ro, and some of the classic aliens.
      Oxnard Montalvo -
      Getting impatient for the chair here as well, but I have the patience threshold of a 5 year old, so that's my problem, not QMX's. I would love to know what their worldwide shipment model is though....I've ordered from Planet action figures in the UK, and I'd love to know if they get their stock directly from HK, or if it passes through QMX in the US first (Obviously lengthening the journey time significantly). After seeing all the vids on the Chair I'm now in stupidly excited mode!
      BurningRage -
      Quote Originally Posted by Protozaius View Post
      I can wait. Iím saving $15 and itís just a toy.
      Astra -
      Happy New Year everyone!

Attachment 384777
      Oxnard Montalvo -
      Deep down we all know that its just a toy, but to quote Tom Bakers 4th Doctor "There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes"
      The_Darkness_Predator -
      Thanks for the pics and posts everyone.
      I hope the line is successful and continues.

Attachment 384813
      DVD1 -
      Cheers Astra.
      Here’s my line up. If Kirk sits down all day, he’s gonna get fat. Oh, wait a minute...

Mike86 -
      Wondering if QMX will do the green shirt for Kirk as a variant. I missed the first release and while the green isnít as iconic Iíd still take it. Some sort of a Spock variant would be nice too (maybe from The Cage). Of course I havenít picked up McCoy yet because I donít really want him just on his own. Kick myself for not grabbing Kirk and Spock when they were readily available.
  • Hot Toys Reviews

• Other 1/6 Reviews

• Statues/PF/Prop Reviews

• Video Fun with Collectibles