Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
  • Blitzway 1:6 Ghostbusters - ECTO-1

Pre-Order NOW - click the link!
    Blitzway 1:6 scale ECTO-1 1984 Ghostbusters Ambulance

Who ya gonna call?

Blitzway is proud to officially unveil the other hero of the Ghostbusters...the ECTO-1! Blitzway has spent countless hours developing an immortal masterpiece that no one has ever seen before. They have studied every facet of this vehicle and have paid attention to every level of detail including accurate dimensions, shape, and structure as evidenced in the 1959 Cadillac.

Precisely and exquisitely designed details of the exterior and interior, along with realistic structures and props of the ECTO-1 can all be seen on this fantastic car.

Also featured, is a high-end lighting system and rotating light bar in addition to an embedded digital audio player with siren!

The world's best automobile model of the ECTO-1 measures more than 40 inches in length and sports an unbelievable quality.

We are confident this luxurious and elegant vehicle will become the standout leader in your collection!

More photos of the Blitzway 1:6 scale ECTO-1 1984 Ghostbusters Ambulance on Sideshow's site - click here!
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Blitzway 1:6 Ghostbusters - ECTO-1 started by Darklord Dave View original post
    Comments 236 Comments
      agentcastle -
      after finally convincing the wife to stay married if I purchased this beast..., I realized it was too big for my office... I wonder if she'll notice me taking out a wall...
      BetterThanKenobi83 -
      Quote Originally Posted by agentcastle View Post
      after finally convincing the wife to stay married if I purchased this beast..., I realized it was too big for my office... I wonder if she'll notice me taking out a wall...
      I can see that not ending well Unless of coarse you do the remodelling all in one night while she's sleeping so when she wakes up she can't change her mind on you since you've already done it
      subzro -

Great video on bringing Ecto back to life and Dan Aykroyds reunion with it.
      Sweet Rabbit -
      Quote Originally Posted by agentcastle View Post
      Ooof
      Slacker292 -
      Remember when the postman was delivering the 89 batmobile, I was stunned..did not hink the package would be that big. This would be even bigger I reckon.

I`m a huge Ghostbusters fan, so I need to get this (only chance to get it in 1/6 scale, I`m sure of).
      jinkazama -
      With hot toys making 1/6 Batmobiles, the Delorian from Back To The Future, and now Blitzway making ECTO-1 from Ghostbusters, i'd REALLY love to see a company make a 1/6 K.I.T.T from the 1980's tv show Knight Rider and 1/6 Airwolf helicopter...
      davejames -
      You and me both. Although a 1/6 Airwolf would be freakin gigantic.
      67L88Stingray -
      Quote Originally Posted by davejames View Post
      You and me both. Although a 1/6 Airwolf would be freakin gigantic.
      Indeed, it would be over 8' long!

We still need a '66 Batmobile. That would complete the trifecta for me even though I already have the '89 car, the '66 is #1.
      ebro42 -
      Quote Originally Posted by jinkazama View Post
      With hot toys making 1/6 Batmobiles, the Delorian from Back To The Future, and now Blitzway making ECTO-1 from Ghostbusters, i'd REALLY love to see a company make a 1/6 K.I.T.T from the 1980's tv show Knight Rider and 1/6 Airwolf helicopter...
      Man, I'm with ya on the K.I.T.T. That would be my grail in 1/6 vehicles. To me K.I.T.T. was the most relevant of all the iconic vehicles, a true side kick. You just drove/flew the others and utilized weapons, K.I.T.T. drove itself, talked, utilized weapons, and physically helped Michael, doesn't get more relevant than that! Yet people barely mention him at all. Hot Toys needs to get that license.
      jinkazama -
      Quote Originally Posted by ebro42 View Post
      Man, I'm with ya on the K.I.T.T. That would be my grail in 1/6 vehicles. To me K.I.T.T. was the most relevant of all the iconic vehicles, a true side kick. You just drove/flew the others and utilized weapons, K.I.T.T. drove itself, talked, utilized weapons, and physically helped Michael, doesn't get more relevant than that! Yet people barely mention him at all. Hot Toys needs to get that license.
      [Regarding the fact that hot toys NEEDS to get the license to make a 1/6 1980's K.I.T.T!!!]
      Tom Day -
      Is like an Aston Martin or a Lotus (I'd like 1/6 scale versions of them too!).
      hokietwo -
      K.i.t.t. and the Hoff would be awesome. That trans-am could be used to make Kitt and the Bandit mobile for Smokey and the Bandit. I'd nun punch someone for a 1/6 Buford T. Justice.

Sixth Scale Man -
      Quote Originally Posted by jinkazama View Post
      [Regarding the fact that hot toys NEEDS to get the license to make a 1/6 1980's K.I.T.T!!!]
      If they do make KITT and Zardu Hasselfrau, somebody has to pose him with StarLord!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Tick-Tock -
      This thing is amazing, but for $1400-$1600, and at almost 4 feet long, I feel like I should be able to drive it.
      Black Sheep -
      I might be on my own with this thinking, but considering what some larger scale statues are commanding (like Prime 1), the price point isn't THAT off for what you're getting with the Ecto-1. Its versatile in that it can be a stand alone display piece with some functioning features, or can be combined with the figures to make an even greater display. I'm not saying it justifies the pricing, but we are getting a fine display and/or accessory item! This particular license is one of my very favorites. Now that its here, I'm taking advantage of it while its alive and well because it likely won't be revisited (in this scale) again.
      ebor -
      Runs off to sell a kidney....
      Raiders March -
      This is awesome, i love Ghostbusters and the car was so great when the movie was released. But my kids will ultimately use up any spare funds i may have towards this purchase. First world problems suck....
      dls712 -
      Attachment 382520

Temporary transportation until ECTO-1 arrives!
      Sixth Scale Man -
      Quote Originally Posted by dls712 View Post
      Attachment 382520

Temporary transportation until ECTO-1 arrives!
      Thatís awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      swo77 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Black Sheep View Post
      Will be ordering, but haven't decided if I'll go with Timewalker of Sideshow. Would be easier to decide if shipping rates were known. Steve is usually half (or less) than Sideshow has been for me.
      Still planning on ordering? If so, are you going with Timewalker or Sideshow? Still not sure which to go with based on speculated shipping and level of after-sale support should there be issues.