Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
  • Blitzway 1:6 Ghostbusters - ECTO-1

Pre-Order NOW - click the link!
    Blitzway 1:6 scale ECTO-1 1984 Ghostbusters Ambulance

Who ya gonna call?

Blitzway is proud to officially unveil the other hero of the Ghostbusters...the ECTO-1! Blitzway has spent countless hours developing an immortal masterpiece that no one has ever seen before. They have studied every facet of this vehicle and have paid attention to every level of detail including accurate dimensions, shape, and structure as evidenced in the 1959 Cadillac.

Precisely and exquisitely designed details of the exterior and interior, along with realistic structures and props of the ECTO-1 can all be seen on this fantastic car.

Also featured, is a high-end lighting system and rotating light bar in addition to an embedded digital audio player with siren!

The world's best automobile model of the ECTO-1 measures more than 40 inches in length and sports an unbelievable quality.

We are confident this luxurious and elegant vehicle will become the standout leader in your collection!

More photos of the Blitzway 1:6 scale ECTO-1 1984 Ghostbusters Ambulance on Sideshow's site - click here!
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Blitzway 1:6 Ghostbusters - ECTO-1 started by Darklord Dave View original post
    Comments 237 Comments
      Black Sheep -
      Will be ordering, but haven't decided if I'll go with Timewalker of Sideshow. Would be easier to decide if shipping rates were known. Steve is usually half (or less) than Sideshow has been for me.
      GeneralZodLives -
      Sideshow's shipping will be outrageous for this. If I order, I'll more than likely go through Timewalker.
      burtial -
      I think I'm out. While it is incredibly well done, it's too much money for me to have tied up into something I don't really have the space for in the first place. I will like vicariously through all of you guys who pull the trigger on it!
      Patriot666 -
      The price shocked me lol. Very cool piece for a mega fan.
      Rambler -
      Quote Originally Posted by jra81984 View Post
      I have the hot wheels elite which is beautifully detailed. This version is alluring to me, but man at that size....where the heck could I even put it?
      Same here. Love my elite ecto. No where at all to put this thing. congrats to all who are getting this.
      PermaG -
      Updated comparison pic and for new ecto thread

a-dev -
      Quote Originally Posted by PermaG View Post
      Updated comparison pic and for new ecto thread

Have the one on the right, wish I could also have the one on the left, thanking Christ I don't need the one that's the subject of this thread.
      BurningRage -
      Hope no scratching problems from packaging like the 89 Batmobile had.
      a-dev -
      Scratching is inevitable with that Batmobile but ideally it wouldn't have arrived with scratching. Mine was fine as far as I was able to tell but I can see micro-scratches all over the place now just from dusting it - and I've been using the dust cloths Hot Toys themselves provided with figures like DX13 and the QS002 Endoskeleton.
      Jolietbat -
      Of course I ordered mine!!!

It will sit well with my 1989 Batmobile, Kenada Motorcycle, Death Race Monster Halo Warthog and Tron Lightcycle...

What gets me is; those on this site that always state that:

"I'm going to get this and that"

And when they see the price...

They bail-out real fast!!!

But go out every week end and spend $100.00/$200.00 at a bar/ night club...

Plus all the haters on this site that jump all over posts because of being envious of the ones that can have a growing collection...

Merry Christmas 🎄🎁 and hope your stockings get that lump of coal!!!
      Vanperski -
      Quote Originally Posted by Jolietbat View Post
      Of course I ordered mine!!!

It will sit well with my 1989 Batmobile, Kenada Motorcycle, Death Race Monster Halo Warthog and Tron Lightcycle...

What gets me is; those on this site that always state that:

"I'm going to get this and that"

And when they see the price...

They bail-out real fast!!!

But go out every week end and spend $100.00/$200.00 at a bar/ night club...

Plus all the haters on this site that jump all over posts because of being envious of the ones that can have a growing collection...

Merry Christmas 🎄🎁 and hope your stockings get that lump of coal!!!
      Ill take this one -

.....because $1500 for this is ridiculous. Cute collection btw, I have every vehicle HT has made, and Kaneda, Tetsuo and the bike - they represent a tiny fraction of my monster, (there's my counter brag). I'm no stranger to dropping big money on pieces but I know the meaning of value for money and this represents very little in that respect.
      Jolietbat -
      The only thing that keeps me from buying two is the space I would need for the third one!!!

Come-on... Just get it...

You will regret it if you don't have one then regret it if you had the chance to get it for $1,500...

Money comes and goes...

You can't take money to hell with you when you die; so...

Get it!!!

I can always send you that lump of coal in you want for that stocking...
      barryo -
      Or you simply could have said nothing......
      Marine Boy -
      Pre-ordered mine with Collectiblesdirect UK. This is one of those things that will become a grail piece for collectors. If you think the price is high now, wait a few years from now. I also have the 89 Batmobile, Tumbler, Camo tumbler, Bat-pod, Tron lightcycle, Kaneda and bike, AH-6 Littlebird, 2 M2 Bradleys and a Hummer. I passed on the DeLorean, only because i am waiting for the hover version.

Attachment 380067

Charge of the Light Brigade
      demorathis -
      Is the Ecto 1 more popular than the Batmobile 66 for collectors? I find it hard to believe that Hot Toys dropped the project due to low interest.
      I don't think I'm the only one who would buy it and skip lunch for a month.
      Ted Knight's Ghost -
      This thing is just beyond what I thought it would be. The level of detail they've put in is amazing, they really went all out.

I pre-ordered it on Time Walker day one but I'm a little worried it will get canceled by Blitzway because this being 1500 and the giant size is sure to put alot of people off. Just don't know if enough will pre-order it but here's hoping.
      Adoptedscot -
      Thread cleaned.

Please remember to be respectful of other people when posting.
      thanks.
      shell.
      x
      sabin23 -
      How many Ecto-1's will be made?

I'm always curious what the production runs were from the Batmobile(s) and Delorean. Due to the price and people's limited shelf space, I can't imagine it'd be more than a couple thousand. The Ecto-1 is even larger and double the price so it'll probably be a very limited run.

And if it's such a limited run, how profitable is it for these companies to produce these massive projects? Considering all the years and R&D involved to see these products through to the end. Maybe it's more a prestige and marketing tool to grab collector's attention and pull them in to buy their other products.

Even though $1,400 is a big chunk of cash, in the long run I'll regret it more if I pass up the Ecto-1.
      davejames -
      I suspect they probably assumed there wouldn't be a huge enough interest (simply because not many collectors would even have space for the thing), and so decided a limited run and a higher price was the only way to go.
      Rondesmo -
      Congrats to all who will order this masterpiece! I remember when the 89 batmobile came out in 2012, a one meter and 600$ vehicule... Everyone thought that it was insane...
      Now we talk about a 113 cm and 2500$ vehicule!...
      I can't imagine the size of the box! Those who did not ordered the 89 batmobile can't understand!