Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
  • Hot Toys Justice League Aquaman

Pre-Order NOW - click the link!
    Hot Toys Justice League Aquaman!

Quickly gaining a buzz with the release of the latest trailer, DC Comicsí forthcoming blockbuster Justice League is hitting the screen in about a month. Aquaman the heir of the Throne of Atlantis, has made a brief appearance in Batman v Superman : Dawn of Justice, who has the incredible superpower to commands all sea life. Now, making an official debut in Justice League, Aquaman is recruited by Bruce Wayne and Diana Prince as one of the key members of the unprecedented league to save the planet and fight against the new villain.
    Revealing one of the most mysterious characters in the DC Extended Universe, Hot Toys is thrilled to introduce the 1/6th scale Aquaman collectible figure as a new addition to the Justice League lineup!
    With careful craftsmanship, the 1/6th scale Aquaman is specially crafted based on the appearance of Jason Momoa as Aquaman in Justice League with striking likenesses. Featuring a brand new head sculpt with detailed long hair sculpture, a sophistically tailored gold and black colored full body armor, a Trident, a Atlantean Mother Box ,and a specially designed Justice League themed figure stand.
    United your league with Hot Toysí Justice League 1/6th scale Aquaman collectible figure now!
    #HotToys #SixthScale #Collectibles #JusticeLeague #DCComics #Aquaman #JasonMomoa

This article was originally published in forum thread: Hot Toys Justice League Aquaman started by Bluevoice View original post
    Comments 203 Comments
      The Green Goblin -
      Quote Originally Posted by Jaymas View Post
      true... must be a case by case basis and what they think works with what hair styles and looks.
      It looks pretty bad all the time. Age of Ultron Black Widow had shorter hair than Thor, and it was still rooted. All the rooted hair does is make me think of Barbie dolls.
      dario2739 -
      Quote Originally Posted by The Green Goblin View Post
      It looks pretty bad all the time. Age of Ultron Black Widow had shorter hair than Thor, and it was still rooted. All the rooted hair does is make me think of Barbie dolls.
      Tend to agree – I don't think i've seen a figure with rooted hair yet that doesn't make me think of Barbie... i'm sure on day somebody will crack the artificial hair!
      dario2739 -
      Quote Originally Posted by snakeeyes171 View Post
      The suit is spectacular, I'm very Happy with the way it turned out. I got a feeling that he will have more than one suit in aquaman. Hoping the classic suit rocks
      We've already seen a few different looks from BvS, JL and set photos from the Aquaman movie... and I prefer most to this suit. This one does look spectacular, but would prefer the bear-chested BvS look or a more classic look if he wears something like that.
      Johnny Utah -
      This thread is moving at a snail's pace. Clearly not a popular figure. Can't wait to see Batman and Superman and Flash.
      Malgus -
      Quote Originally Posted by dario2739 View Post
      We've already seen a few different looks from BvS, JL and set photos from the Aquaman movie... and I prefer most to this suit. This one does look spectacular, but would prefer the bear-chested BvS look or a more classic look if he wears something like that.
      Bare chested= exposed joints. Give me this version.
      weisun79 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
      This thread is moving at a snail's pace. Clearly not a popular figure. Can't wait to see Batman and Superman and Flash.
      I guess you are right...

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
      latro40 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
      I think the figure is cool ... But there's just so much you can say about a protype of a figure that will see release over a year from now
      snakeeyes171 -
      Pre ordered at bbts
      Sevreed -
      Yep, pretty much this. Also, he could be a raving a-hole in the movie for all we know but I doubt it. I do think it looks cool though.

Quote Originally Posted by latro40 View Post
      I think the figure is cool ... But there's just so much you can say about a protype of a figure that will see release over a year from now
      hottoyskyle -
      Quote Originally Posted by snakeeyes171 View Post
      Pre ordered at bbts
      Same here. Got till 3rd quarter 2018 to decide if want to buy
      snakeeyes171 -
      Wish his hair was a little wilder
      DiFabio -
      No personality to that likeness at all. Looks so generic. Every time I see the banner at the top, I think it's the dwarf from the Hobbit. That's my biggest problem with Hot Toys, that and the lack of mobility on most figures.
      GaryPool -
      Quote Originally Posted by DiFabio View Post
      No personality to that likeness at all. Looks so generic. Every time I see the banner at the top, I think it's the dwarf from the Hobbit. That's my biggest problem with Hot Toys, that and the lack of mobility on most figures.
      Jesus, now that's all I'm going to see.
      jztaylor7891 -
      Feel like I agree with the majority on this. Its a maybe if the real head sculpt is better. But this prototype isn't worth the standard HT price.
      sj2106 -
      How come the reaction to this figure was much more positive when first shown at SDCC...It is the same sculpt I assume? So much negativity now. I still think it looks good, that brow is 100% Momoa.
      TheBatman -
      Quote Originally Posted by sj2106 View Post
      How come the reaction to this figure was much more positive when first shown at SDCC...It is the same sculpt I assume? So much negativity now. I still think it looks good, that brow is 100% Momoa.
      Welcome to collecting..lol
      weisun79 -
      Quote Originally Posted by TheBatman View Post
      Hahahaha..

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
      snakeeyes171 -
      Its the gal gadot likeness all over again , but seriously the contacts he has are wilder and the head needs to be wider
      jedijim3002 -
      Quote Originally Posted by sj2106 View Post
      Quote Originally Posted by TheBatman View Post
      Exactly. It usually goes like this.

Prototype shown
      1) Hey look! A new figure! Shiny! Looks good! I like it! I want that on my shelf!

Waiting for preorder
      2) When will it go up for preorder? Canít wait to get this! Need it now!

Up for preorder/price shown
      3) Whoa! Way overpriced! (Nit pick it to death to justify not wanting to shell out standard price tag)

In hand pics
      4) Ok looks great in hand! Awesome figure! Now Iíll buy it if itís not sold out.
      SilverStar17 -
      I'd actually list it something as follows:

1. Prototype shown
      - Both praise and nit-picking ensue.

2. PO goes up
      - "Way overpriced. Easy pass."

3. Waiting for HK release
      - "When is this going to release?"

4. HK release
      - More praise and nit-picking ensue, usually the latter. "What happened? The prototype looked so much better."

5. In hand
      - "Looks so much better in hand!" Initial naysayers now consider purchasing after seeing in hand pictures.