Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
  • Hot Toys Justice League Aquaman

Pre-Order NOW - click the link!
    Hot Toys Justice League Aquaman!

Quickly gaining a buzz with the release of the latest trailer, DC Comicsí forthcoming blockbuster Justice League is hitting the screen in about a month. Aquaman the heir of the Throne of Atlantis, has made a brief appearance in Batman v Superman : Dawn of Justice, who has the incredible superpower to commands all sea life. Now, making an official debut in Justice League, Aquaman is recruited by Bruce Wayne and Diana Prince as one of the key members of the unprecedented league to save the planet and fight against the new villain.
    Revealing one of the most mysterious characters in the DC Extended Universe, Hot Toys is thrilled to introduce the 1/6th scale Aquaman collectible figure as a new addition to the Justice League lineup!
    With careful craftsmanship, the 1/6th scale Aquaman is specially crafted based on the appearance of Jason Momoa as Aquaman in Justice League with striking likenesses. Featuring a brand new head sculpt with detailed long hair sculpture, a sophistically tailored gold and black colored full body armor, a Trident, a Atlantean Mother Box ,and a specially designed Justice League themed figure stand.
    United your league with Hot Toysí Justice League 1/6th scale Aquaman collectible figure now!
    #HotToys #SixthScale #Collectibles #JusticeLeague #DCComics #Aquaman #JasonMomoa

This article was originally published in forum thread: Hot Toys Justice League Aquaman started by Bluevoice View original post
    Comments 203 Comments
      Captain Clown -
      Quote Originally Posted by snakeeyes171 View Post
      Superman should still be 209.00 like the bvs, unless we are getting extra stuff
      Attachment 372860
      Garo Predator -
      Meh, I ended up pre ordering anyway. Had a twenty dollar coupon I used. That paired with the payment plan makes makes the forty something dollar a month charge quite manageable when paired with my other pre orders. I figure hey, I like Momoa and Aquaman's aesthetics grow on me every minute. I see no reason to wait two years for a version of this character that might be better. If it comes to that, I chuck that sucker on evil bay and I get the new one. After I get JL Wonder Woman and a version of Supes that I like, I'll probably be done with the DCEU. Or whatever they are calling themselves now. Unless Deathstroke is introduced sometime in the future... than I become a hypocrite and gladly so.
      Mike86 -
      DC figures always seem higher for some reason compared to Marvel and other big franchises that Hot Toys does.

I'm not feeling this figure. The Momoa sculpt feels off to me. Also his skim tone doesn't seem right.
      jmann -
      Lol am I the only one bothered by the inaccurate bare neck missing the obvious tats Aquaman has?
      Niltusk -
      They'll improve that sculpt, least I hope they do.
      WolfBoy -
      Its cool, but the sculpt is......off a little, only just. A bit of tweaking and it will be perfect, but certainly not HT's strongest sculpt for now.

Seems like HT prices are now based on popularity of the license name rather than the figures worth. All the JL figures will be pricey simply because its JL.
      weisun79 -
      Just went and PO this guy just now..

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
      Futurion -
      I'll pick it up down the road next year this time in a sale.
      HarleyQuinn2014 -
      Quote Originally Posted by LiLJawa View Post
      Hot Toys figures are going to continue to climb in price. If you cannot afford them either stop collecting them or get a better paying job.
      Itís a shame but one way to maintain their brandís exclusivity is to keep raising the price.
      Articulation Junkie -
      I dont understand why male characters with long hair i.e. Thor, Loki, Aquaman have sculpted hair while female characters have rooted hair.
      I have a couple of friends who collect HT and they hate rooted hair. I dont care for it either.
      Vortex -

Wonder Woman here is telling me to wait for the next one.
      snakeeyes171 -
      The suit is too awesome to miss out on , I like the solo armor too, but I like this one also. Pre order here I come
      Jaymas -
      Quote Originally Posted by Articulation Junkie View Post
      I dont understand why male characters with long hair i.e. Thor, Loki, Aquaman have sculpted hair while female characters have rooted hair.
      I have a couple of friends who collect HT and they hate rooted hair. I dont care for it either.
      Double standard? I don't hate rooted hair myself, and would be fine if my Thor had rooted hair; it makes sense to me. But I guess in a polarized collecting world where some love it and some hate it doing some one way and some the other makes sense. So dividing that across male and female figures seems to be the way the tend to go I guess because rooted hair is more acceptable because of the long tradition with female fashion dolls in 1/6 scale.
      SilverStar17 -
      Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. To me, the plus to sculpted hair is the hair usually looks accurate, whereas rooted hair seldom every looks right out of the box and could potentially take hours of futzing, and still not look quite right.
      Griff WV -
      Quote Originally Posted by Vortex View Post

Wonder Woman here is telling me to wait for the next one.
      That's why I passed on the BvS regular Batman. I waited for SS Batman and love it, but I still kind of want the BvS Batman, too. I think they did a fantastic job on BvS Bats especially considering that it was their first attempt.
      Rex Mason -
      Quote Originally Posted by Jaymas View Post
      Double standard? I don't hate rooted hair myself, and would be fine if my Thor had rooted hair; it makes sense to me. But I guess in a polarized collecting world where some love it and some hate it doing some one way and some the other makes sense. So dividing that across male and female figures seems to be the way the tend to go I guess because rooted hair is more acceptable because of the long tradition with female fashion dolls in 1/6 scale.
      The first Harley has sculpted hair, and I really like it. Works way better than if they tried rooted with those pigtails.
      Jaymas -
      Quote Originally Posted by Rex Mason View Post
      The first Harley has sculpted hair, and I really like it. Works way better than if they tried rooted with those pigtails.
      true... must be a case by case basis and what they think works with what hair styles and looks.
      Turtle882 -
      Quote Originally Posted by snakeeyes171 View Post
      The suit is too awesome to miss out on , I like the solo armor too, but I like this one also. Pre order here I come
      Yeah, his suit is great. Imo people complaining about the cost of this vanilla figure aren't factoring the insane detail of the suit. It looks great. My big only tentative complaint (aside from the lack of neck tattoo) is that based on the pics, it looks like there is little to no articulation in the torso. That beautiful suit has its drawbacks.
      snakeeyes171 -
      The suit is spectacular, I'm very Happy with the way it turned out. I got a feeling that he will have more than one suit in aquaman. Hoping the classic suit rocks
      snakeeyes171 -
      Waiting on bbts to put up the pre order