Welcome to SideshowCollectors.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
  • Michael Crawford's QMx Picard sixth scale figure review

I'm checking out a figure getting a lot of discussion right now on the sixth scale groups - Captain Picard from Qmx. Some of the photos had me worried...very worried. But I have a production figure in hand, and he's fantastic. I've got my review up tonight:

http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW-041917a.htm

or you can find it with the rest at the usual:

http://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading!

Michael
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Qmx Picard sixth scale figure review started by Michael Crawford View original post
    Comments 6 Comments
      davejames -
      Great review! The sculpt has definitely grown on me, even if the overly thick neck still bugs me a bit (something I didn't mind on Spock but which seems a lot more noticeable on their McCoy and Picard figures).

As for the tunic, I wonder if pulling and holding it down with double-sided tape might help with the length...
      a-dev -
      Man, MMS238 T-800 wishes he had a neck like that.

As far as the headsculpt, well, I won't stick around to put a downer on people's enthusiasm beyond this post but I think it looks Stewart-esque. It's obvious who it's meant to be but it doesn't quite manage it and I suspect, after a time, this feeling will become the lasting view of a great many people when that initial ''new toy excitement'' wears off.
      yodasan -
      Quote Originally Posted by davejames View Post
      As for the tunic, I wonder if pulling and holding it down with double-sided tape might help with the length...
      An alternate Picard maneuver?
      screamingmetal -
      Fantastic review and pictures Michael!
      He looks much better than previous pictures!
      I'm very close to ordering this now, but I'll need to wait until I have enough. The exclusive is a must for me.
      Weyland426 -
      Pre-ordered mostly due to your review. Was very close to passing on this one with the production photos on their site left much to be desired.
      kheas -
      Great Review. Just wished that they included the classic Jacket and teal shirt combo as well! Now THAT would have been a great exclusive.Attachment 339158
  • Hot Toys Reviews

• Other 1/6 Reviews

• Statues/PF/Prop Reviews

• Video Fun with Collectibles