Welcome to SideshowCollectors.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
  • 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Doctor Strange Collectible Figure

Click the link! Buy now!
    Hot Toys 1/6 - Dr. Strange up for pre-order!

This fall, embark on a mind-blowing adventure across dimensions with Doctor Strange! The Marvel Comics superhero makes his highly anticipated big-screen debut in the upcoming movie of the same title, which is set to expand the Marvel Cinematic Universe in unprecedented ways with the introduction of the Mystic Arts. Acclaimed actor Benedict Cumberbatch stars as Dr. Stephen Strange, a brilliant but arrogant surgeon whose career is destroyed in a near-fatal car crash, but finds a new perspective on life when he meets the Ancient One and discovers the hidden world of magical powers.

In anticipation of the opening of the movie, Hot Toys is proud to present the 1/6th scale collectible figure of this charismatic and powerful superhero!

The movie-accurate collectible figure is specially crafted based on the image of Benedict Cumberbatch as Doctor Strange in the movie, featuring a newly developed head sculpt, sophisticatedly tailored and highly detailed outfit, two styles of costume display options with a magnetically attachable Cloak of Levitation with intricate embroidery, a variety of mystical artifacts including the Eye of Agamotto, and a Doctor Strange-themed figure stand with character backdrop.

Take your Hot Toys collection to a brand new dimension with this Doctor Strange collectible figure now!

This article was originally published in forum thread: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Doctor Strange Collectible Figure started by Hologram AI View original post
    Comments 1649 Comments
      karamazov80 -
      Looks good, but hard for me to get too excited about another Marvel movie character. Compound that with the likelihood that we will get multiple variants over the next couple of years.
      Darklord Dave -
      Quote Originally Posted by Lord Turel View Post
      I can not wait for this seriously. I can not believe I live in a world where we are getting a blockbuster Doctor Strange movie. I remember having to import T shirts from the back of comic books because the UK had nothing when I was a child. I have set music for the trailer to the photos. Please let me know if you like this sort of thing. Remember you shape our channel. Also a new figure unboxing coming today. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2nf...ature=youtu.be

Nicely done.
      Medusoid -
      Really great looking figure. I still think the magic effects look kinda lame though.
      evenflow -
      I assume I will pick this up, especially if his amulet ends up being one of the infinity stones.
      guy66657 -
      I think Feige already confirmed that it was the time gem.
      Trash Panda -
      Very nice figure
      Leon 911 -
      I think the diorama and base sets that come with such figures are great. I am not saying all figures need to be displayed with those but if you keep a specific center Piece and rotate that choice (diorama And figure) from time to time and the collection can look distinct and classy. Like a center piece for the month, brings in a huge variety.
      It's always better to have the diorama and base stands - you can always buy a 5 dollar stand to replace that if and when you want it to be just another figure in a queue.

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/fo...tion-40-a.html
      DioramaMaker -
      I tend to agree with you, Leon, the only problem is that it does remove a lot of the airiness that detolfs provide and boxes things in. I have one shelf with the backdrop and it just seems so heavy and dark compared to the openness of my others, you know?
      Cammo -
      Quote Originally Posted by DioramaMaker View Post
      I tend to agree with you, Leon, the only problem is that it does remove a lot of the airiness that detolfs provide and boxes things in. I have one shelf with the backdrop and it just seems so heavy and dark compared to the openness of my others, you know?
      I agree. It's great if you want to have Dr. Strange as your center piece but if not it does take away the 'minimalist'/organised look of your collection.
      Futurion -
      I do not care about Dr. House, sorry, i mean Strange. But i do like Benedict so the likeness hit me, also all the details on the figure. Must have for me.
      Skillerwhale -
      Quote Originally Posted by DioramaMaker View Post
      That's assuming you're displaying in a detolf. Still blows my mind that people will have like $5,000 worth of figures displayed in a $50 shelf -- I'm guilty of this also. I guess when ever I have the spare funds to upgrade the display, a new figure gets announced!
      darthkush -
      HOW. MUCH?

That will decide it all for me. I want this, so...how much sideshow/hot toys, etc.? If it's not too crazy I may bite. The figure is stunning and I'm getting hyped about the film.
      BagginsOfBagEnd -
      Quote Originally Posted by Skillerwhale View Post
      That's assuming you're displaying in a detolf. Still blows my mind that people will have like $5,000 worth of figures displayed in a $50 shelf -- I'm guilty of this also. I guess when ever I have the spare funds to upgrade the display, a new figure gets announced!
      Yep, that's me as well - definitely guilty as charged!!
      Skillerwhale -
      Quote Originally Posted by darthkush View Post
      HOW. MUCH?

That will decide it all for me. I want this, so...how much sideshow/hot toys, etc.? If it's not too crazy I may bite. The figure is stunning and I'm getting hyped about the film.
      It will be right around $240 USD from Sideshow. Just an educated guess, but I'd bet a figure it will be within $10 of that.
      Skillerwhale -
      Quote Originally Posted by BagginsOfBagEnd View Post
      Yep, that's me as well - definitely guilty as charged!!
      Leon 911 -
      Completely agree. I have some custom shelves I display on. I don't have detolfs but I do see merit in some cases of a detolf. However no matter how good a job one does, the light cables always look horrible on a detolf, especially on a bright sunny morning. Let alone the dust.
      However, some day am sure better shelves at reasonable price will come along (hopefully)
      Also - the backdrop, stand etx give a unique punch to the figure: it's like saying since I never display all accessories, why give so many accessories to begin with. But again that's the best part of a posable figure.

Cammo -
      I would invest in a better shelves/cabinets but I really haven't seen anything that can compete with these Detolfs.
      a-dev -
      Quote Originally Posted by franpincho View Post
      One, IF NOT the best likeness on a figure ever made, by any company, period. Absolutely stunning figure.

Am I going to get it? Not in this lifetime. Couldn't care less about this character.
      alexds95 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Leon 911 View Post
      Completely agree. I have some custom shelves I display on. I don't have detolfs but I do see merit in some cases of a detolf. However no matter how good a job one does, the light cables always look horrible on a detolf, especially on a bright sunny morning. Let alone the dust.
      However, some day am sure better shelves at reasonable price will come along (hopefully)
      Also - the backdrop, stand etx give a unique punch to the figure: it's like saying since I never display all accessories, why give so many accessories to begin with. But again that's the best part of a posable figure.

I have theses case/shelves called barrister bookcases. They're antique pieces and I absolutely love them for displaying Hot Toys. I added LED light strips to mine, and they look like they should have come with them stock.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk
      Keegan -
      This looks amazing - love the scarred hands.