Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Sideshow Freaks
  • Hot Toys - MMS246 - The Amazing Spider-Man 2: 1/6th scale Electro Collectible Figure

Click the link! Buy now!
    Electro - Hot Toys 1/6

"Let's Catch A Spider!"...
    The amazing Spider-Man has jumped back into action, bringing with him a cast of new villains. Originally an ordinary electrical engineer, Max Dillion gained super powers in an accident that transformed him into Electro; an electricity-fueled villain bent on killing Spider-Man! Today Hot Toys presents the 1:6th scale Electro Collectible Figure from The Amazing Spider-Man 2.

The movie-accurate Electro figure is specially crafted based on the image of Jamie Foxx as Electro in the movie which features a detailed head sculpt, LED light up functions that capture the unique appearance of the villain, highly detailed costume, and a dynamic figure stand ideal for aerial poses.

The 1:6th scale Electro Collectible Figure features:

Release Date: Q1 – Q2, 2015

- Authentic and detailed likeness of Jamie Foxx as Electro in The Amazing Spider-Man 2
    - Finely crafted head sculpt with LED light up function (white light, battery operated)
    - Body with 30 points of articulation
    - Approximately 30 cm tall
    - LED light up wrists (blue light, battery operated)
    - Four (4) pairs of interchangeable palms including:
    . One (1) pair of fists
    . One (1) pair of open palms
    . One (1) pair of relaxed gloved palms with translucent fingers
    . One (1) pair of gloved open palms with translucent fingers

Costume:

- One (1) specially tailored bluish and black Electro suit
    - One (1) pair of bluish black boots

Accessories:

- Two (2) pairs of real-like lightning
    - Diamond-shaped dynamic figure stand with Electro nameplate, the movie logo, Electro emblem paper cover, and flexible pillar

**Prototype shown, final product may be slightly different
    **Product details could be subjected to change without further notice
    **Battery included for collectible figure. Button cells are required

This article was originally published in forum thread: Hot Toys - MMS246 - The Amazing Spider-Man 2: 1/6th scale Electro Collectible Figure started by Johnny Utah View original post
    Comments 422 Comments
      galmando -
      Yeah, I'm in the camp that will not be buying this but think it looks really nice

It's probably been said before in this thread, but it's nice for anyone who did enjoy this movie that they can get a hero and villain figure from it to have a 'set'

Unlike ASM1

And Rhino is obviously down the road, so just need Green Goblin to round this out (I doubt we'll see a Gwen figure)
      The Chev -
      Looks cool, but I can't be buying figures anymore because they look cool. I need to buy from movies that I enjoy. Even though I haven't seen AMS 2 yet, I something tells me I'll be passing on this figure.

I love the suit. If they make a DOFP Future Wolverine, they might make that suit with similar fabric as Electro figure. Just me thinking out loud.
      freestylex06x -
      lol these spiderman 2 figures look like garbage especially spiderman.
      Cocoboloboy -
      Looks to be a well done figure but I thought the movie character was awful from start to finish. If I can find it on the cheap I'll probably pick it up but I ain't in no hurry to preorder.
      TheChozoWarrior -
      Without the light on in his face he looks like mister freeze Not a bad looking figure though, didn't care for the movie or villains so its a pass.
      galmando -
      Quote Originally Posted by The Chev View Post
      If they make a DOFP Future Wolverine,
      Apparently that's a BIG 'if' at the moment...
      Sidious-66 -
      I have no interest in picking him up but I will be getting the electric effect gimmick and use that on my Emperor.
      Uncanny Web-Slinger -
      Quote Originally Posted by freestylex06x View Post
      lol these spiderman 2 figures look like garbage especially spiderman.
      Fair enough you might not like the source character, but the figure is an excellent representation of the character
      PopCultKid -
      Same here as most of you. The fig looks incredible but one of the easiest passes ever. The movie was ok but definitely fell far from my expectations and what the trailers had me ready for. I have to give it a second watch and maybe I'll appreciate it a little more but even if so, will most likely still pass on this, definitely on that abomination of Rhino, and a good chance will pass on Spidey too; that's the one that hurts the most.

What's going on with the C-list homeruns nowadays anyway? They're killing it on the less popular characters and botching the more anticipated ones. Noland, Roadblock, Storm Shadow, Jor-El, Mandarin, etc.... AWESOME; Starks, Widow, Loki, Wolvies, Banner, Crow, etc..... Meh-pretty bad.
      karamazov80 -
      Looks great for what it is supposed to be. I'm curious about articulation due to the suit, and how the unlit head will look in hand, though. Hopefully for fans both turn out well, but it's a no go for me. Character didn't blow me away in the film, he's pretty minor in the great scheme of things, and I don't like the look.
      karamazov80 -
      What was wrong with Crow and Banner? They both looked as good as I would have expected them to be. Same with Widow, though I don't care for the Barbie hair.
      PopCultKid -
      Quote Originally Posted by karamazov80 View Post
      What was wrong with Crow and Banner? They both looked as good as I would have expected them to be. Same with Widow, though I don't care for the Barbie hair.
      I own them both and like the figs but there was fair room for improvement on both. I wouldn't call either a home run

I'd say that I like Banner more than most based on the common consensus but I see where HT went wrong
      HPGR_Thrawn -
      Woo! Fianlly get some lightning for the Emperor to fry Luke with!
      lerath666 -
      Love the "I'm constipated" face. Wanna pose this guy on a 1/6th toilet next to x3 wolverine. Fitting testiment to two "great works of cinema"

All kidding aside, REALLY Want to get some of that 1/6th lightning parted out for my sideshow Emperor.
      Brainiac -
      Quote Originally Posted by lerath666 View Post
      Love the "I'm constipated" face. Wanna pose this guy on a 1/6th toilet next to x3 wolverine. Fitting testiment to two "great works of cinema"

All kidding aside, REALLY Want to get some of that 1/6th lightning parted out for my sideshow Emperor.
      you simply must post pics

everyone seems to want to do the same
      robbiethepainter -
      Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny Web-Slinger View Post
      Fair enough you might not like the source character, but the figure is an excellent representation of the character
      Exactly. People can hate all they want on the character but that suit is top shelf.

I would like some one to post a pic of any figure custom or mass produced that can beat this in costume execution.

Brilliant!!!

Attachment 112889
      Attachment 112890
      Bardoon -
      The figure looks awesome! But I'll get it if it eventually goes on discount..too much other stuff coming down the pike.

The figure works with the dynamic figure stand, but I wish Hot Toys would throw in their small "classic" oval stands like they used to. Those dynamic stands are WAY too big to fit multiple figures in some shelving units (like a detolf) in comparison to the older "oval" stand.
      EarlHickey98 -
      Hot Toys nailed this! The detail in the suit can not be matched by any 1/6 scale company, There in a league of there own when it comes to producing
      figures with complex outfits.

Might get this one.
      franpincho -
      Quote Originally Posted by robbiethepainter View Post
      Exactly. People can hate all they want on the character but that suit is top shelf.

I would like some one to post a pic of any figure custom or mass produced that can beat this in costume execution.

Brilliant!!!

Attachment 112889
      Attachment 112890
      The problem is the source material, not the figure. I think it looks awesome.

But for HT to actually put this out instead of other more desirable ones, really does not make any sense. This figure is great for whoever LOVED ASM2. I mean, ADORED. Because, frankly, I can't see how anyone would buy this otherwise. Unless of course you are filthy rich.

Credit where is due, this figure looks amazing. And if the movie meant something to you, then more power to ya.

Peace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Wah -
      Figure looks great, but what a horrible character! Easiest past this year by far.