Need help with batman gauntlet repaint

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lambo944

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey guys, so i bought a pair of batman oc gauntlets, and i want to make them glossy like the takara batman ones. Do i just apply gloss varnish? if so whats the best brand of gloss varnish and how many coats do i use?

I havent done anything like this so i would apprechiate the help.

Thanks in advance

Model master makes some good spray glosses. But if you can, do a test on it first, like on the inside so it doesnt ruin it. Solvent based paints dont always work on plastics and or vinyls. Go to hobby stores for the best selection. Light coats from a distance till you like it. Could be just one coat. If it doesn't work, they have water based brush on gloss that works too but you have to be careful not to leave brush strokes.

Pm if you have any questions.

Model master makes some good spray glosses. But if you can, do a test on it first, like on the inside so it doesnt ruin it. Solvent based paints dont always work on plastics and or vinyls. Go to hobby stores for the best selection. Light coats from a distance till you like it. Could be just one coat. If it doesn't work, they have water based brush on gloss that works too but you have to be careful not to leave brush strokes.

Pm if you have any questions.

I just use Tamiya Color acrylic paint gloss X-22 which does a really good job.

Thanks alot guys! :wave

Back