Deathstar battle redux

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spartan Rex

Super Freak
Reaction score
This fan did a great job on his home computer of reediting and adding F/x to the epic battle:More fighters added and Yavin in the background.

For shame George, with all your millions you should've done this instead:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFt6e_Usdg8&sns=em"]Adywans - Star wars: Revisited - Death star attack split screen. - YouTube[/ame]

This guy does amazing work. He redid the whole film in such a manner. Google "Star Wars Revisited".

He's working on Empire now.

Yeah I watched Ady's full work on ANH way back in 2008. Good stuff.

Excellent work. Even the original cut is still the best space battle of all the films.

I'm a big fan of Adywan's Revisited edit. I'm not sold on all the changes he made, but it's my preferred version.
The Revisited version of ESB looks amazing so far, but he has suffered some deep personal tragedies over the past year (both parents have passed away), which has put the project on the back burner.

Finally downloaded the Legacy editon of Adywan's cut.....only change I dont like: Vader lenses are now black not red.

Overally, easily the preferred cut. Like how he had fun with it, like Battle droid in the sandcrawler, but not real obvious

Thanks a lot guys

As much as I love Adywan's Revisited, his "Purist" edition of the cut is even better. It adheres closer to the original editorial flow of ANH, while still including the best of his updates/changes. For instance;

In Revisited, the conversation in Ben's hut is changed so R2 reveals the hologram first, then Ben talks to Luke about his father and the Jedis. In Purist, it is back to it's original form.

In Revisited, Adywan has masterfully recut the Vader/Ben duel to be much more dynamic, but Duel Of The Fates from the ROTS score plays underneath the scene and seems very out of place. In Purist, the recut duel remains, but has no music(as in the original cut).

As seen in the clip, the TIE Fighter shot precedes about a minute and a half of new space battle sequence, with The Imperial March accompanying. In Purist, that shot is shortened to the length of the original shot, accompanied by the original fanfare.

I'm very glad I have both versions on DVD. With them, there is absolutley no reason to watch Lucas' Spastic Edition ever again.

In contrast to the crap that was added in the Lucas SE the Adywan edits usually resolve continuity and add in ways that make sense. Seeing Yavin in the background during the DS battle is a big improvement.

I wonder how many of his ideas they might have borrowed for the Blu Rays.

Finally downloaded the Legacy editon of Adywan's cut.....only change I dont like: Vader lenses are now black not red.

Overally, easily the preferred cut. Like how he had fun with it, like Battle droid in the sandcrawler, but not real obvious

Thanks a lot guys

Is there a link by chance to view or better download the entire movie please? :monkey3:peace

:)

Wow, there were several scenes in the 2004 version I didn't even recognize.

I only own the OT on VHS.. I believe it was the 1995 release.

I'm scared to buy the newest DVD or Blu-ray version..ha

Back