Have you, or are you planning to cancel your Star Wars Bluray order due to changes?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will you or have you canceled your Star Wars bluray order due to the changes made?

• Yes

Votes: 59 35.8%
  • No

Votes: 106 64.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Avenger

Super Freak
Reaction score
Figured it might be nice to see how much the complaining over this new set and the changes Lucas made to the movies, are affecting actual sales.

I'm tempted to cancel, but for $65 I don't think I'll get a better deal on the set for a long while.

And honestly, as annoyed as I am by this new batch of changes its not like the SE wasn't already all kinds of awful. These changes are just a few more insults and if I was going to pay for the old set in their annoying 2004 editions then why not for these :lol

They aren't affecting sales at all. In fact, because of all this, I was made aware and have downloaded a dvd-9 of Adywan's Star Wars Revisited and have watched it three times already. I will be happy to watch the Blu-Ray's clarity in picture quality as that will be the only reason for me to buy it at this point. I know that if Han still shoots second in the Blu-Ray's, I will still want to throw the controller at the TV, however at the very least Adywan's version is perfect at this point..I'm getting the Blu-ray's at $60 so I am not going to cancel.

I never pre-ordered but I am going to get it. I just don't do day 1 purchases for Blu-ray anymore. I wait for deals now.

a dvd-9 of Adywan's Star Wars Revisited and have watched it three times already. at the very least Adywan's version is perfect at this point..l.

Adywans ANH is excellent ,i gotta agree
Im happy with my set of DVDs with the original theatrical cuts,,that being said,,im still gonna go out and buy this on the 16th,, i have $50 in best buy gift cards to use:)..and also star wars in 1080....come on who can pass that up lol

Not gonna cancel. I've basically given up hope that we'll ever see the OT how they were originally shown, and I absolutely hate the new, ridiculous additions Lucas has made, but I'm willing to grin and bear those few changes in order to watch the movies on Blu-ray along with all the deleted scenes and additional material.

I'm still happy with my unaltered Wal-Mart exclusive dvd's. I see no reason to upgrade resolution until the movies as I want to see them are made available.

so what exactly are the new changes? i haven't been paying attention.

Me either. I wonder if I'm better off not knowing.

so what exactly are the new changes? i haven't been paying attention.

Me either. I wonder if I'm better off not knowing.

I'm happy with my dvds with the bonus discs with the original cuts of the movies.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bZ0OLfNlN4"]CGI Blinking Ewok Eyes from Star Wars Episode VI Return of the Jedi Blu Ray Clip - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVqgSFg3zSw&feature=related"]Darth Vader says "Nooo" in Episode 6 Return of the Jedi Blu Ray Edition - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mL6FkzFyfeE&feature=related"]New Obi Wan's Krayt Dragon Call (Blu Ray Edition) - YouTube[/ame]

Dammit. I passed on those DVDs because of quality issues I read about at the time of release, and now they're silly expensive :slap

As the alterations bother me more and more, I'm beginning to realize that I'm more than happy to take a trade-off in quality in exchange for the original films.

Dammit. I passed on those DVDs because of quality issues I read about at the time of release, and now they're silly expensive :slap

As the alterations bother me more and more, I'm beginning to realize that I'm more than happy to take a trade-off in quality in exchange for the original films.

My friend picked up the box set yesterday at Toys R Us for $40 or $50 after he canceled his blu ray set from Amazon. Maybe your Toys R Us might have it as well.

Glad to have the origionals, I have no plans on getting the blue ray until they're in the cheapy bin, or on sale someplace for boxing day. I really dislike Vader saying no, he even sounds whiny. I love the silence of his origional choice, the tension was so much greater, I really don't care if my ewoks blink, i still can't stand them, and there was nothing wrong with Ben's first yell. For me, this is money spent better elsewhere.

My friend picked up the box set yesterday at Toys R Us for $40 or $50 after he canceled his blu ray set from Amazon. Maybe your Toys R Us might have it as well.
MY TRU's going out of business and already sold off 90%+ of their DVDs for discounts :lol

Oh, well. I hate to do it, but I might have to look into this whole adywan business I hear about.

Shipping isn't available, and it isn't available for pick-up anywhere near me :( No biggie. Like everyone else, I guess I didn't realize how badly I wanted to see the originals again until George rubbed our faces in his new "updates." :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back