My only gripe about Sideshow 1/6 GIJoes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SideshoMel

Super Freak
Reaction score
The headsculpts on the 1/6 scale Sideshow GIJoes look too cartoonish and plain.
They should go towards the likes of Soldier Story and DID.
:dunno

Last edited:
So they need to look like Rock n Roll and Hawk?

rnr2.jpg

Hawk.jpg

:dunno

i like them. they all have a bit of character to them. not a bunch of boring blank stares. the paint sucks though, but that's to be expected. and it would appear that even that is improving a little.

I don't think any of them look cartoonish. Or plain. Paint could be more realistic, but going the Soldier Story/DiD route would make them look completely generic, and that would be like replacing the faces with ratchet knees.

I don't think any of them look cartoonish. Or plain. Paint could be more realistic, but going the Soldier Story/DiD route would make them look completely generic, and that would be like replacing the faces with ratchet knees.

The paint apps are what are killing the sculpts. I just repainted a few of my Joes' heads and the sculpts hiding under that crap paint are amazing. Hopefully the upcoming Joes paint looks more like the protos (SSC delivered on the Beachhead EX sculpt).

Sideshow hit the nail on the heads. I haven't been disappointed yet, just amazed and very happy with all of them. Slight bummer about Flints hair, but it's not like I'll ever have Flint without the beret on. They could have glued it on his head and I'd be happy with it. I've read a lot of negative comments about Dusty, a figure who had 85% of his face covered in camo. I think his head is fine, but I may add more camo in the future.

I was going to post that you guys are gay for Joe, but with the new mods it'd probably get deleted.. so I won't.

I was going to post that you guys are gay for Joe, but with the new mods it'd probably get deleted.. so I won't.

I'm just glad I'm not one of those jerks who pop into other discussions and topics I'm not concerned with just to be a jerk and throw out insults.

But since you're here, at least Bladerunner is not my favorite movie :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep Isn't it supposed to take place in like 2014? :panic::lol:rotfl

I can't imagine why someone with no interest in G.I. JOE would post here, unless they were really gay.

Back