Would you Accept extended CGI enhanced Saber fights being added to the OT Blu-Rays?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you Accept extended CGI enhanced Saber fights being added to the OT Blu-Rays?

• Yes, I could Handle it...

Votes: 44 36.1%
  • NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Votes: 78 63.9%

• Total voters

Grange Wallis

Super Freak
Reaction score
With all of the additional enhancements, some terrible (the Noooo V.O!) and some minor or tolerable (Blinking Ewoks, which I like it personally)
being done to the Blu-Ray collection. If it so happens that there was any extra shots (completely in CGI) to make the original saber fights equally acrobatic or intense as the ones in the Prequel movies (mainly Ep.III) would you welcome them or loath them?

I wouldn't mind the addition myself as some of the shots in the Ep.III final battle were completely CGI...

Don't get me wrong I love the OT a lot, sure not as much as some here. I think the fights are classic and Epic. But I wouldn't hate some more impressive visions of Vader moving around with a lite lightsaber!

Please don't flame me for this, I'm not trying to start another Star Wars fan-feud....

No, because there's a very good chance they would look horrible.

meh. the problem is, Lucas himself has describe d ALL of the lightsaber fights in the Ot as either
A) two Old samurai masters fighting. each waiting for the other to make one fatal mistake. like Chess with swords ( Old ben, and vader)

or B) An Crippled old man Fighting a Barely trained boy ( luke Vs vader)

and the existing scenes portray that fine.
Vader doesn't move fast and flip around like yoda, not only Because he don't NEED to, but also because he's physically unable to.

Seriously i hope they add light up candy cane battles & CGI John Wayne & Charles Bronson into the movie as Dr Evazan & Ponda Baba. It doesnt matter anymore. The Star Wars we grew up with is long dead & buried. Anything done to it would just be making a pile of garbage a little higher. This new "edition" is now the 4th wife in a very abusive relationship. Or should I say relation____.

The only improvements I'd want are touching up the lightsaber blades so they look more colorful and convincing. I feel like every time Lucas does a new Special Edition they make a few incremental improvements to the sabers and then call it a day.

I certainly don't want the fights themselves to be digitally "improved." As has been mentioned already, there's no reason to expect an elderly Obi-Wan, a half-robotic Vader, or an unskilled Luke to be capable of the same feats as a young Anakin or Mace Windu, so what's the point? The movies have been screwed with more than enough already.

No, leave movies alone when they get uprgraded to new disks. They already ____ed up Scarface on Blue Ray. Im tired of people ruining movies with suttle changes and stupid added sound effects that weren't there in the original.

Last edited:
Only changes I'd accept on the Blu-Rays are removal of all Special Edition scenes/dialogue, and cleaned up space battles. Exactly what should have been done back in '97.

If we'll get released an original version of the OT on DVD and blu-ray, then they can add even Mickey Mouse and the three stooges fighting in the modified OT.

Last edited:
It'd actually be nice to see a young Darth Vader kick some ass in his suit but preferably not added in any of the movies. I wouldn't mind if they did a 20 min short of something:dunno

I don't care much for the tendency of characters to excessively twirl light sabers around like batons in the prequels. Not even a little.

hear, hear!!! If that were a real fight, it would totally end differently. Just wait for your opponent to do a twirl and then attack. Fight over.

What I'd really like to see is a reworking of the PT fights to match the OT fights. But that will never happen. Actually, it could. If only Lucas could live forever, I'm sure he'd rework the PT in another 30 years.

Hell no! I prefer the slower samurai/fencing style duels of the OT to the drum major saber twirling of the PT.

Its true. In the PT it looks neat, and fast, but it also looks like they are choreographed, like they are almost dancing, not even trying to HIT each other. Kinda don't like that. And to make matters WORSE, after seeing all these fast fights, Jedi just lay down and die at the hands of Palpatine or Order 66. They don't even TRY to survive. Actually, sorry, Ki Adi Mundi gives it a good college try.

The ESB fight is still my favourite. THANK GOD Lucas hasn't altered it.

32.gif

meh. the problem is, Lucas himself has describe d ALL of the lightsaber fights in the Ot as either
A) two Old samurai masters fighting. each waiting for the other to make one fatal mistake. like Chess with swords ( Old ben, and vader)

or B) An Crippled old man Fighting a Barely trained boy ( luke Vs vader)

and the existing scenes portray that fine.
Vader doesn't move fast and flip around like yoda, not only Because he don't NEED to, but also because he's physically unable to.

:lecture This. Sure Yoda was all springy and stuff when he was bouncing around, but Vader and Ben are too old to be doing that.

Considering all of the movie remakes we've seen over the last few years, and the fact that Lucas feels the need to alter so many things from the original films, he might as well just do remakes of all three films at this point...

Back