Hot Toys Tron Kevin Flynn, Beat It Michael Jackson reviews

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
It's an all Hot Toys night, with my review of the Tron Legacy Kevin Flynn (a figure I'm not as thrilled with as you might expect), and Jeff Parker checks out the Beat It Michael Jackson. You can find the reviews at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading, and have a terrific weekend!

Michael
MWC

Ah cool review, TBH I'm pleased I didn't get this figure (Kevin Flynn). Such a shame cuz when I first heard about it I was really interested. I agree about the point you raised re the head and neck being one peice, that sucks. I much more prefer the head and neck to be seperate on my figures.

Nice review as usual. I passed on the Kevin Flynn exactly for the reason you mentionned about likeness. I thought he looked more like Kris Kristofferson :lol

Good review. HT needs to stop with those plastic snaps, they suck and are so annoying. From pics I've seen of the sculpt it appears that there are those that look very dark (tan), like in this review, and others that are much lighter like the 1 I got. I'm happy with the likeness of mine but agree the tanned one isn't as good.

The fact that HT didn't try to replicate the suit lighting up was a major negative for a tron figure as well.

yea the tan one definitely is more off than the lighter skinned one. I have a lighter one (at least I think I do :lol) and i think the likeness shines a lot better on that one than the darker ones

and yes, those snapps are terrible. I'm replacing mine with the biger ones that hold better

Spenser posted this comparison pic of his (Left) and mine (Right) in the Flynn thread:

flynncomp02.jpg

So I sort of caved in and bought the MJ Beat It after reading the review :yess:

I'm still waiting for mine to arrive, hopefully it's the light-skinned one.

I don't really get what you guys are talking about in regards to 'snaps' though, I haven't purchased a HT in a while...

I don't really get what you guys are talking about in regards to 'snaps' though, I haven't purchased a HT in a while...

The snaps are these little button sized snaps that hold 2 pieces of clothing in place. They are very, very small and very, very fragile. They are also made of cheap plastic so they bend very easily, and the more you decide to change an outfit the harder it becomes to get them to snap together again. Basically, a gigantic pain in the ass b/c HT took the cheap road using plastic instead of metal.

You were too generous with Kevin. Not only is his outfit a disaster because of the snaps, but it is strongly inaccurate to the source material.

Back