The Thing maquette at Fireside

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vader AL

RTR
Reaction score
Fireside has The Thing Maquette for $75.00....sounds like a sweet price.

(link erased due to unavailability)

Last edited:
love the DarkShadows Website, visit it everyday. wish i hadn't missed the $110.00 Sideshow Punisher sale.

I thought about getting this one but I'm not a big Fan. 4 fan(love Doom though) but man at that price it is hard to resist. hopefully they'll be sold out before i get too weak.

I really think this maquette got a bad rap. I really like having this piece in my collection. You won't beat this price.

carbo-fation said:
Great price but I've limited myself to Marvel PFs and dioramas only! Still looking for the punisher and Green Goblin!

I'm with you on that. great piece, awesome price but it's still $90(after shipping) that i could put towards a punisher or some other piece...must keep telling reminding myself of that. i hope this sells out soon!

Vader AL said:
I'm with you on that. great piece, awesome price but it's still $90(after shipping) that i could put towards a punisher or some other piece...must keep telling reminding myself of that. i hope this sells out soon!

im also thinking about getting the Punisher PF for my office desk... should i be more interested in the exclusive version or the regular??? know of any sites that have him on sale???

hairlesswookiee said:
im also thinking about getting the Punisher PF for my office desk... should i be more interested in the exclusive version or the regular??? know of any sites that have him on sale???

i like the regular version because it's the skull design that i know wheras the exclusive(which is still available on SS's website) is the Tim Bradstreet version. The bases match the skull design. It's really up to personal preference.

regular: https://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?item=7120

exclusive: https://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?item=71201

Fireside has a good price:

https://www.firesidecollectibles.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=59

Any international users try to buy from them ??

I added Thing maquette to my shopping cart but during the checkouts the only shipping I can find is the UPS express mail and it costs 429 $ :lol

Consequently I close the order page :lol

gambit said:
Any international users try to buy from them ??

I added Thing maquette to my shopping cart but during the checkouts the only shipping I can find is the UPS express mail and it costs 429 $ :lol

Consequently I close the order page :lol

i would send him an email regarding that shipping quote. sometimes due to the sheer size of collectibles the generated shipping quote is way off.

I e-mailed him a couple of month ago regarding some SSW Lotr Statues and shipping prices to europe are very high at fireside.
Maybe he worked on that:confused:

I am still upset that I missed out on the Punisher at Darkshadow. I haven't been able to find one with that kind of price yet. And I only want the regular edtion because the Bradstreet version isn't very appealing...imo.

I know you guys in Europe don't like the high shipping prices from North America and would prefer stuff shipped via USPS but I can tell you from experience, it may save you money but if there is any problem, the sender gets screwed! Can you tell I'm bitter with regards to shipping to Europe. Actually that's not entirely true, UK has never been a problem. :)

carbo-fation said:
I am still upset that I missed out on the Punisher at Darkshadow. I haven't been able to find one with that kind of price yet. And I only want the regular edtion because the Bradstreet version isn't very appealing...imo.

yeah after further inspection, the regular is better as i dont know anything about Bradstreet?? (assuming he was an artist for some of the comics)

oh well, i guess this is a sign to save money for upcoming orders that i have.... i cant wait to start school again.(laugh all you want,but with my financial aid and GI Bill i make more money than what im getting now with a full time job.)

carbo-fation said:
I am still upset that I missed out on the Punisher at Darkshadow. I haven't been able to find one with that kind of price yet. And I only want the regular edtion because the Bradstreet version isn't very appealing...imo.[/QUOTE/]

I'm with you on that. I think ebay is the best bet but the cheapest i've seen one go for is like $190 something.

Back