Options for a decent display case?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ViperSRT

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey all,

I have a couple small make shift display cases to keep dust and my cat out, but I'm going to shortly be in the market for a nice display case to house the rest of my figures that current don't have a home. My question is do you guys have suggestions (and links if possible) to decent display cases that can hold a decent amount of figures? For arguments sake I think I have about 20 figures that need homes between hot toys and other companies. What would be my best course of action? Price wise nothing too extravagant, but good quality.

Thanks,

Viper

What do is I get a carboard box and I cut the front out of it, like a window in one side, then I cut up a plastic bag and stickytape that across the part I just cut out, and that's how I make my display cabinets. I just peel back to the plastic on one side like a door when I want to put in more figures or re-pose.

I generally stack four boxes up like this, with tape on the sides to stick the boxes together. Don't go more than four boxes though or it's likely to fall over. I've learned this the hard way.

What do is I get a carboard box and I cut the front out of it, like a window in one side, then I cut up and plastic bag and stickytape that across the window, and that's how I make my display cabinets. I just peel back to the plastic on one side like a door when I want to put in more figures or re-pose.

I generally stack four boxes up like this, with tape on the sides to stick the boxes together. Don't go more than four boxes though or it's likely to fall over. I've learned this the hard way.

original.jpg

Ikea is your best bet for multiple figure display cases, Viper. Just google them and you should find what you're looking for.

What do is I get a carboard box and I cut the front out of it, like a window in one side, then I cut up a plastic bag and stickytape that across the part I just cut out, and that's how I make my display cabinets. I just peel back to the plastic on one side like a door when I want to put in more figures or re-pose.

Son of a bee sting, thats a grand idea. :)

Stickytape, plastic bags, cardboard boxes... not everyone has your skills with these materials Grosby - most would have to outsource.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Coco, Xjam. thanks for the input. Those would probably work out well enough.

For sure, they make excellent display cases and are very affordable. While you are ikea, pick up some Dioder LED lights..very inexpensive as well and they do a fantastic job (they also won't melt your figures :lol)...I can take some pics of them in my detolf if you are interested, just PM me :1-1:

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/20119418

Damn it all I have so far is a ____ty old set of drawers where my figures (and delicate statues) sit on top. I will probably get the Ikea Detolf when I get some spare cash. My collection just gathers dust and keeps falling over for the time being.

Damn it all I have so far is a ____ty old set of drawers where my figures (and delicate statues) sit on top. I will probably get the Ikea Detolf when I get some spare cash. My collection just gathers dust and keeps falling over for the time being.

There will come a point when you will want to protect your expensive collectibles from dust and shelf-falls. If detolfs aren't your thing, or just not available in Brisbane, then you might be surprised at how inexpensive custom acrylic boxes can be. My set up is a series of floating shelves with backless-bottomless acrylic boxes set on top of them. Works a treat.

Yeah that is an option. Ill try for the detolf first though and if that doesn't work out then I'll go homemade.

Earlier this summer I went to get some Detolfs but were sold out. For the same price I picked up the Gravebek units and very happy with them. Yes they are not glass on all sides but if you see the pics in my collection no tangled wires cords to be seen hanging all about.

Back