custom Joker 1:1 scale

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gypsycatcha

Super Freak
Reaction score
Ok after starting a joker bust and adding a torso, I decided to take it full size with the plan of having 2 different jokers on one mannequin to display at different times ( bank robber and normal joker )
Here it is so far. I managed to find a custom made ferry bomb remote to pose him with. the clothing is not accurate but its pretty good for now.
If I keep him, I will change the trench coat and am in the process of adding more accurate trousers and socks.
IMG_0390.jpg

IMG_0391.jpg

IMG_0394.jpg

IMG_0393.jpg

IMG_0396.jpg

IMG_0398.jpg

IMG_0400.jpg

IMG_0401.jpg

IMG_0402.jpg

IMG_0403.jpg

Also Have some gloves on order to finish the arms off.

Wow, that looks nice. I like the sinister look it has going on there, the purple gloves will make it look even better!

Ok so iv nearly finished my Joker now. I managed to get hold of a Howard joker sculpt. The paint app was a little bland so I decided to add a little more detail with oil pastels. I have a design background but not tried anything like this in a while, was crapping it lol. Also I got a new trench coat and custom gun. Next for him, im thinking of adding a grenade rig in the coat and some how customising the arm to open the coat. Also need to add the trouser chain and maybe the blade shoe :)
Hope you like
001-2.jpg

004.jpg

009-3.jpg

006-1.jpg

012.jpg

011-2.jpg

010-1.jpg

Last edited:
What happened to the old head? It looked better and it was more in scale, this new head seems a little small (and it's not looking as good).

What happened to the old head? It looked better and it was more in scale, this new head seems a little small (and it's not looking as good).

I still have the old head. Im thinking of selling it or maybe making another bust with it. It could be the photo's throwing it off but this actually looks more in scale. The other head does look great but is a little to fat in the face.
Also the mannequin is around 3 inches to tall which probably doesnt help but will probably be a pain to shorten it.

I also liked the old head better

Other than that, add some padding to the shoulders to give him the broad hunched shoulder look.

And maybe dirty up his shirt collar a little

I see a lot of potential in it

I like the likeness on this one better and it does look way better in the flesh. At te same time the other head looks more manacing and pretty scary if im honest also with the bonust of real hair. Im thinking of keeping the other head and making another joker bust posing as the bank robber. also the mask is one of the better ones out there and i cant pose it on this joker.
Looks like il just have to have 2 jokers :)
Thanks for the comments and il have some more pics soon.

Hi.

I think this has alot of potential. The main thing that is throwing it off for me is either the head needs to be brought down lower into the chest or the shoulders need to be raised.

If you have sat the bust on top of the mannequin, you will either need to cut more of the mannequins neck and chest area to sink the bust in level or cut the busts chest bit off to the neck. It will make a huge improvement

Hi.

I think this has alot of potential. The main thing that is throwing it off for me is either the head needs to be brought down lower into the chest or the shoulders need to be raised.

If you have sat the bust on top of the mannequin, you will either need to cut more of the mannequins neck and chest area to sink the bust in level or cut the busts chest bit off to the neck. It will make a huge improvement

I think you are right. The sculpt is shaped so its looking down a little so thats probably throwing it off even more so.
I have cut the neck right down but it doesnt sit flush making it look a little " plonked " on top of the mannequin. I might try raisnig the shoulders as that would be an easier solution before getting the saw back out lol.
Thanks for your input. This is the first 1:1 I have done and its been fun.
Also im a massive fan of your work. Iv seen some of your jokers and they are awesome :)

Right i adjusted the Joker tonight. started stripping it down and thought about weather i should take the saw to it. I re-positioned the head so its slightly looking down ( kinda like the hit me scene ) using duct tape to hold. I then used bubble wrap to even the bust to the mannequin and padding out the shoulders and back. The problem I did encounter was that the clothing was custom made to the mannequin so with all the layers of clothing and bubble wrap, he is slightly hulking underneath lol. Here's some pics. I think it looks much better than the previous stance and looks more natural. What do you think?
005-4.jpg

001-4.jpg

012-1.jpg

010-2.jpg

008-2.jpg

020-1.jpg

Back