Ankle Extentions For Added Height, Any Help ??????

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheAnomaly

Freaked Out
Reaction score
I read on OneSixthWarriors forum that someone added Ankle extentions to their Hot Toys SGT Barnes ? I would be intrested in doing this but don't have a clue how to. Can anyone help with this? Thanks

Different hot toys figures have different length ankle pegs. There are regular length ones which come with most figures and then there are special ones that are longer or shorter. You need to get a pair of the special longer pegs. I believe one of the Terminator figures came with the long pegs and you can sometimes find them loose on ebay.

I know the Hot Toys Sao Feng came with longer ankle extentions but regular ankle pegs don't fit it. He came with bare feet and special pegs. Thor's ankle extentions may be longer and you can remove the whole calf section to switch it. Just heat up the knee area with hot water or a blow dryer and pull.

Someone in EBAY have in sale few weeks ago!! and I missing!! they was custom made!! we can ask someone here!! maybe ROBIETHEPAINTER!!! :)

I do have a trick for this. :)
Its really easy. Cut a peg right down the center. Determine how much extension you need and then find brass tubing that will just fit over the cut end. Cut down brass tubing and fit it over the peg and glue into place. If you have enough peg you can also drill a micro hole through the tube and peg and instal a pin after the whole thing is glued together.
You can also use this trick for lengthening and shortening neck posts also.

If need several you can then mold and cast multiples.

This picture I'm using aluminum tube instead of brass.
IMG_20110821_121308.jpg

Thats a good idea Robbie! I always wanted to have my Honour Guard Joker's pants to have a nice fall. Will surely try this out. Only worried the length of pegs might make the figure a little unstable in dynamic poses, if there's no stand.

Glad I could help.

BB&WSY- It shouldn't be to unstable when adding maybe 1/8". Only time I have noticed instability is when I added this trick to the center joint of a Wolverine body. But I think it has more leverage then the ankles.

Glad I could help.

BB&WSY- It shouldn't be to unstable when adding maybe 1/8". Only time I have noticed instability is when I added this trick to the center joint of a Wolverine body. But I think it has more leverage then the ankles.

What size tubing did you use? The diameter. Thanks.

Went to Micheal's but they didn't have any copper tubing. So went to Home Depot as I don't have a Hobby Store near by. Found something that work for me. #10-24x3/4" Rod Coupling Nut, $1.06. I had those extend foot pegs and just cut them in half. the ends were long enough to just screwing into the Rod as the inside was threaded. Worked like a charm. Thor is now just a hair under 13" tall on a T800 body. Thanks Robbie.

Sweet man. I buy most of my brass at Westlake Hardware stores. they stock a great selection and for me when I need a lot, there are six stores here in Omaha, and so I take a drive around town buying everything they have.

ps. Im scene designer and I build a lot of scenic models so I go through brass like its candy.

Sweet man. I buy most of my brass at Westlake Hardware stores. they stock a great selection and for me when I need a lot, there are six stores here in Omaha, and so I take a drive around town buying everything they have.

ps. Im scene designer and I build a lot of scenic models so I go through brass like its candy.

Thanks again Robbie, your idea really worked, even though I had to modify it. The coupling rod was nice and thick so makes it more stable for the height it added. Won't work for just adding an 1/8" of height, but worked great for a big hulking Thor. He's almost a head taller then my Sabertooth and Wolverine.
:yess:

Back