Don't Waste the HT Muscle Body for Thor, Hidden under all the Armor!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redsox&bluetights

Freakzoid
Reaction score
After looking at my Thor (Probably my LEAST favorite Marvel character) I couldn't help but notice that the newly developed muscle body was being wasted as it was covered up by all the armor, so I took a chance and decided to make a swap with a figure in need of a body makeover...Superman!

As you can see here the Hot Toys True Type body available when the Superman Returns figure wasn't all that much to look at when in tights

supermanreturns.jpg

So I took the body out of the costume by making a one inch cut along the blue suit on his butt under the red undies and carefully pulled the body out of the hole after removing the legs at the knees, only leaving the thighs to help with the process.

Next I added a strip of foam packing material to bulk up the biceps a little then put this body into the Thor costume.

dsc00067js.jpg

You will need an extra long neck, and I found one made by ACI, parts that are very comparable to HT products.

dsc00065wt.jpg

You will need to find the seams on Thor's chest armor as it needs to pull apart and be re-glued to remove the body. This can be done easily with very little chance of damage if done carefully and correctly. Once everyone is back into the costumes, Thor still looks great and you don't have to spend another $70 to upgrade Superman's body!

dsc00069pm.jpg

Here is a full shot of the Superman. A few nips and tuck may be necessary depending on how picky you are, but otherwise I think it just upgrades very well!

dsc00066jk.jpg

I hope this can help you out!

You may need to drill the neck and seam further like this :

I hv modified the HS into neckless one with a cutter only :

_MG_0593.JPG

_MG_0600.JPG

_MG_0603.JPG

_MG_0606.JPG

_MG_0607.JPG

_MG_0608.JPG

Back