Dadvader's DC collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the Captain Marvel, but maybe it's just because I've always hated the DC look. I remember as a child watching Shazam...actually the Shazam/Isis Power Hour LOL, so I know him as having a real face not a cartoon face. But, I may lose the love for this head at some point. Any ideas on a better head????

Last edited:
You could go less angry. Make it more of a happier face. Capt is rarely never not smiling. Billy loves the fact he was chosen to be Shazam.

Nightwing

Here is my Nightwing. I based him on the new relaunch figure minus the red eyes. He's made out of Jill suit, DC direct mask, batman hands and gauntlets, and terminator boots (not sure I like these).

More pics of him and my other DC customs are here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bcraigfamily/

Let's face it, we join sites like this because we respect our peers, want to discuss our hobby, and we value feedback. I get very little feedback for my customs, and I know they fail to compare to others on the board that are my mentors, but I'd really appreciate some feedback. I put a lot of time in to these and it's not a hobby I share with a lot of people. You all are THE PEOPLE, I respect and would love to have your feedback from. Love them, hate them, somewhere in the middle with suggestions...I want to hear from you. :hi5:

My pride is my Aquaman, and I'd love feedback. Still thinking about adding something for his neck.

Thanks man, that means a lot from you...my mentor :). I used the neck from the Obi Wan Kenobi Order of the Jedi. If you get a chance to click https://www.flickr.com/photos/bcraigfamily/ for other figures on , I'd love your input. You can see the Aquaman from the parts you sold me, but I've attached one pic. The rest are posted.

awesome DC customs! absolutely love the nightwing, and that is one bada** Aquaman. great use of perseus parts.

Thank you! I appreciate it. These have been fun, and I'm nearing finishing Green Arrow. I ended up liking the Aquaman warlike look, and that Perseus shield just said Aquaman to me.

Thanks again!

This is him so far. The head is DC Direct. I don't like those head for many figures, but I think it works for him. I have to repaint it to match his skin color, deciding whether or not to go with the black pants or combo green and black, needing to sew his hood on, and some other work. But I think I'm liking him so far. Also, trying to decide what to do for cuffs or not. I also want gloved hands, but I think I'll go with ones that show the fingers...I think an archer would want to "feel" and gloved fingers don't allow that.

Anyone have ideas for a better head?

Votes for Green or Black pants?

Any other suggestions?

The only head (quick fix)I can think of is a repainted IronMan R.DowneyJ hs coz it has already the goatee. If the DCD head is proportional then it's perfect. How did you make the hood and shirt? The pants can either go green or black imo. The black gives better contrast. Thor's pants kinda looks like a generic superhero pants, :) form fitting. The New Goblin has a lot of green stuff to it, althought metallic green. Maybe you can use some of them if you want to add a personal touch.

You don't need a better head, the dcd ollie is the best GA head to me.

I'm not liking the combo gauntelts/high gloves.
I vote for green pants, the leather pants look out of place IMO.

I agree with the mighty Elvis, and I think I'm keeping the DC Direct head. The hood, thanks to Elvis, is from DID WWII JAPANESE CAPE (FRM MAJOR ITO HIROBUMI). The under armor is from the Comedian, while the outer vest is the DC Direct Suit.
I having figured out what to do with the gauntlets, I may see about the Odin gauntlets. Liking the black pants, I've seen some of the Green Goblin but not sure it carries over, but I may paint some green on the pads.

Thanks for the Batgirl compliments. That was an added bonus. Are you all able to see my full set of pics from the original link to my Flickr here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bcraigfamily/

Batgirl is the DC Direct head painted black, the Jill suit, and a temporary DC Batman cape...will do a better one. I just got her gloves so I'll be working on those and her gauntlets.

Here's a better pic of her. And a few more pics including the tiny Atom, Wonder Woman, a Flash I am working on, and a Superboy...need a good head though for him. Any ideas?

Green Arrow

I'm still waiting on gloved hands, but I think I'm happy with my finished Green Arrow. I had lots of ideas and tried heavier armor because I've liked that look, but for him I ended up happy with just basics. Leather being his armor for the most part. The head is now repainted, and I think I like the final look. What do you think?

Back