Attakus Bib Fortuna. Does this look like Bib to you?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Attakus Bib Fortuna. Does this look like Bib to you?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mini-Rock

Super Freak
Reaction score
Attakus Statue
yhst-41895159201112_1900_8508425

Actual character
eu_bg.jpg

I was having an "interesting" discussion over on the SF boards regarding the likeness of this statue coming from Attakus. To me, while it looks like a greatly detailed statue, it doesn't look like the character I saw in ROTJ at all. To me, the eyes aren't rounded enough and the brow is too low. The eyes aren't wide enough either. Now, I'm not saying it is a bad looking statue, but it certainly doesn't resemble the character IMO. Anyway, I thought I'd see what other members on other forums thought about it. :)

Last edited:
,,..the expression and angle are different on both pictures,..so don't mistake it for beeing off,...but i think likeness is great on this one,..:chew :chew :chew

When it comes to these sort of things, if the likeness isn't 100%, it is even more important to me for the sculpt to be visually appealing and life-like. I think they nailed an attractive likeness of Bib, meaning I enjoy looking at the details of the character and his face really does look alive to me.

A good contrast to this example is Sideshow's Han. Unfortunately, the likeness isn't there for me, and what makes it worse is the sculpt and expression aren't visually appealing to my eyes. He looks more like a stuffed mannequin or is having a serious case of facial edema.:monkey1

BTW, how many other than me grew up as kid thinking Bib was an old woman?:D

I would be absolutely ecstatic if Sideshow matches the likeness and detail of the Attakus statue for their own 1/6 version. The more I think about it, Bib had more of the expression on the left during the movie than the one in the pic shown on the right. I think Attakus made the right choice. See if he grows on you Mini Rock. :)

in the first photo, he doesn't look like the Bib in ROTJ. But, on the second photo...he semi resembles Bib. It would be awesome if there's a voice chip within the statue. I like his voice.

Looks very good... I can't wait to add Bib to my Jabba's Palace, I have Jabba, Leia, salacious with pipe, threepio and artoo, but Bib is a great addition to the scene... then it will be the turn of the gamorrean guard.

student_toe5 said:
in the first photo, he doesn't look like the Bib in ROTJ. But, on the second photo...he semi resembles Bib. It would be awesome if there's a voice chip within the statue. I like his voice.

eurhmm.. the 2nd photo IS the real Bib. :rolleyes:

But to be honest , I made the same mistake ar first! So I guess that proofs the likeness is more than enough! :D

Xeno said:
eurhmm.. the 2nd photo IS the real Bib. :rolleyes:

But to be honest , I made the same mistake ar first! So I guess that proofs the likeness is more than enough! :D

whoops!!! :lol i thought it wa a close up shot. i say no more :D

It's OK,one of the better Attakus statues IMO but I'm sure Sideshow would do a better job whether they did a 12" or a PF.

its recognizable as Bib, but i dont think attakus is very good with faces at all. kind of like Koto.... keep with the masked figures.
~~sorry to jack the thread a little bit, but this has bothered me for years. the only attakus i would ever buy is the Vader #1 and the darth Maul
here's the new jedi Luke... who is he supposed to look like?? sure you recognize him as luke when you see him, but there is no Mark Hamill in the figure at all.

AttakusJediLukeSkywalkerStatue.jpg

First off, please Sideshow, don't use that open mouth, wide eyed stare in the promo shot. I noticed that Attakus masculinized Bib's face, which I think is a good thing.

Here's a quick DVD capture for comparison:

capture8ki.jpg

I voted for the "great" likeness, but I think I would have gone a step below that if available... such as very good or good likeness. I think he is recognizable and very well done, but not perfect.

Although he is leaps and bounds better than that horrendous Luke statue... it looks like a bootleg intentionally sculpted to not look like Hamill :lol Also aren't these things like $400/$500? I just don't get the appeal for that kinda price especially for the human likenesses :confused:

I don't collect Attakus, but I think the likeness is close. It looks like here's too much white showing in his eyes. I like the open mouth. I think his sharp teeth are one (among many) of his unique features.

He looks alright.

He would also be a 12" figure I would pass on no matter how good, so hope he is faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar away on SS list.

EVILFACE said:
He looks alright.

He would also be a 12" figure I would pass on no matter how good, so hope he is faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar away on SS list.

Agreed, I'm quite happy with my Hasbro version. Great rendition, in my opinion.

It's nah ah Toomah!

Anyways... I heard something about Lucasfilms and Attakus on the likeness issues and poses.

Better than most, but not excellent. Most of Attakus' pieces look downright awful to me, particularly the humans, and esp when you factor in the price.

I think that Wicket and the Tusken look great, Vader I is nice (but I prefer his saber drawn), he looks kinda "lumpy" just standing there.

Back