My General Grievous PF Review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:clap Well written Josh. The only thing that is missing are "real world" pics. Pics of it on display would be nice. :)

Thanks :) Those are actually my pics he just used Photo Shop to give them a cool looking background.

Thanks guy :chew I was a little tougher on Grievous than the 12" ones I've done so far.

Thanks Josh. I may be in the minority here, but I've always preferred real display pics over "studio" pics. Know what I mean? Anyway, spectacular review. :chew

It's cool. I let the photo guys decide all that. I have a hard enough time taking good pics and writing the review. :rotfl

Nice job Josh. A very concise review. I might have given a little lower score for the packaging. The styrofoam and twisties were too dangerous for the fragility of this piece. I know they had to put Grievous in there in layers, but there needs to be a better way. Isn't this possible with the soft foam? And why does SS still use styrofoam corner pieces for the shippers? Two of mine were broken, defeating their purpose. They should be using soft foam corners to absorb impact from the FedEx workers manhandling. Sorry for the little rant. :D

I also agree with Mini-Rock about the photos. Show the beauty of Grievous. Maybe ask members to submit pics. I wouldn't mind.

The twisty ties did play into my overall score as well. The styro doesn't bother me but I would prefer the soft foam they used on a couple of the other PF pieces.

Thanks for the comments on the review :) I'm trying to be impartial and get better at doing these at the same time.

jlcmsu said:
Thanks for the comments on the review :) I'm trying to be impartial and get better at doing these at the same time.

I like the job you're doing. I can't wait for your "impartial" review of Maul! :lol

Batty said:
I like the job you're doing. I can't wait for your "impartial" review of Maul! :lol

Thanks Batty :) Well, I admit that one will be hard to do but I'll try. :maul

Good review Josh.

As far as the soft foam goes, it was excellent for Luke, but would not have been durable enough to protect Grievous. I think with the soft foam the pieces could have had the risk of torqing and snapping.

And I actually am glad to get the styrofoam corners, sure sometimes they arrive broken and of course when they break that decreases their protection, but sure beats what we used to get. No corners at all, just the product box inside the shipper box. I know all of us 1/6 collectors would like to that change too.

Good review, I don't know with statues or PFs whatever you want to call them I think the accessories category should get a NA also. I think the cape is well something extra to have since its an exclusive I wouldn't place it in the accessories category.
I would rate the General a 10/10 for the regular and a 12/10 for the exclusive, the more I looked at him the more I relised how much more the cape gives to the sculpt. Its just amazing how well this piece came out, by far the best SW PF so far and one of the best PF's from Sideshow to date (not counting the Predator which is unbelievable).

Just a word on the packaging. They tested long and hard on shipping this guy and he caused a lot of problems. This final solution with the layering and all the twisties and the foam corners in the packaging box were the lengths they had to go to to get him to us relatively intact. So if you received GG unbroken, the packaging ought to get 5 out of 5 stars, no matter how hard you have to work to get him out of it.

Last edited:
If how they packaged Grievous was the best way they could do it, then I'm fine by that. There were still a couple of people who received damaged pieces and it wasn't the easiest thing to remove. That's all I'm really whinning about. To me Grievous is a masterpiece.

I thought about doing that Viking on the Accessories Categorie. Overall, Greivous is awesome and I think the best PF piece yet. I tried to keep my SS bias down and maybe be a little tougher than I am normally. Cause, I do want people to read these and go ok he isn't being a SS butt kisser.

Back