Movies that are part of your DNA

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oscar_the_Gungan

Super Freak
Reaction score
I can't remember where I heard this. I think it was extra features on my Blade Runner set. Someone referred to the film as being so influential to them that it was essentially part of their DNA. The movie had such a profound impact that it took hold and never quite let go, coloring all sorts of things from that point on. I thought it was an interesting expression but I have to say some films are like that or else some of us wouldn't be spending the money we do on movie themed collectibles.

I guess for me if I was to say some films became part of my DNA it was stuff that came out from the late 1970's to the late 1980's just because of my age at the time. So my list would be the "Alien" and "Star Wars" films, "Tron", "Blade Runner", "Brazil" and "Batman."

THere are some others that I will be sure to remember at a later time, but these sure occupied my thoughts for years and years.

Interesting. And kinda true.
Of all the movies i've seen (a very, very long list) there are specific ones that were so breathtaking and brilliant that I have shaped myself to maybe think, or act like characters in the film.

I do know if this makes me sound like too much of an obsessive film geek, but I do believe there are some films out there that become a part of you.

Star Wars, Close Encounters, 2001 SO, A Touch of Evil, ROTLA, TLOTR T., Platoon, The Mechanic (Charlie Bronson), The Huchback of Notre Dame, B.L. Dracula... too many more...

Hey I have complex DNA

VERY easy

StarWarsWallpaper1024.jpg

Star Wars, Gattaca, Dark Knight, Inception, Gladiator, Matrix, and the Lion King. I may be forgetting one or two, but those movies either deeply moved me, changed me, or moved me down my career path...

I enjoy a lot of movies, but I wont say any of them had a "profound impact" on me.

Stuff like the my Dad dying and getting a divorce did, but cant say a movie ever did.

There are a long list of films that have impacted me in ways. Lord of the Rings are three movies with a lot of things I take from them that mean a lot to me.

I would say I'm interested to know how these movies profoundly impacted people, but honestly, I would be to lazy to read the posts.

I would say I'm interested to know how these movies profoundly impacted people, but honestly, I would be to lazy to read the posts.

I grew up on them. I watched them over and over as a child...I played Aliens/Predator in the backyard with my friends. I used to buy all the toys. I got AvP the PC game, and me and my dad played that for hours.

He took me to see Alien Res when I was 8, because I was a huge fan.

AvP the movie was coming out, and that had me going to forums, reading info, which got me addicted to the internet, and then I started buying the toys. Got me collecting, and so my life was forever changed. Started by the catalyst of Aliens and Predators. :monkey1

All of the Predator/Alien movies really, minus AvP + AvP:R.

Especially Alien 3 and Predator 2.. I can never really describe the feeling I get when watching them.. The goosebumps, that incredibly powerful feeling.. Like they really are a part of you.

But I've always been very connected to the A/P universe.
I remember opening this huge box on Christmas from my uncle with over a dozen Kenner A/P figures... I remember watching my uncle play AvP + AvP2 on his comp being so terrified yet oddly, incredibly attracted to it. I remember begging him to let me look through the pages of his A/P comics, and looking at the covers to the books..

I had a friend, Logan, who went to daycare with me out on this farm. I would educate him on everything A/P related I knew at the time, and later on, everyday after school we would play with my Kenner figures, my palisades plush Chestburster (Chester), and Facehugger (speedy).
We even had imaginary A/P friends we would play with. :lol
I miss Queeny, my young Queen Alien imaginary friend.. :monkey2

I'm always wondering about an afterlife. I feel like if there is one, you live an eternity in the place where you always knew you were destined to be. A dreamlife in the neverending Universe.. Living the Predator, breathing the Alien... Hunting amazing alien creatures among my tribal space-hunter clanmates.. Witnessing the several hidden mysteries of the Biomechanical Xenomorph, and his God-like creator..

Oh, and my all time favorite movie, Dragonheart. :lol

Back