Which of these movies are worth watching?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TotalDominAsian

Super Freak
Reaction score
I won't be able to watch any movies until I move and unpack in another 2 weeks, but I'm making a list of movies to watch. I'm new to collecting, but seeing the detail of some figures and their loyal following has me intrigued. So if you'd be so kind as to pick out which of these movies are highly recommended and place them in order. (I guess I'm considered young, and I never really got a chance to watch these flicks before)

Blade (Trilogy? He seems to be highly valued and regularly found on people's wants or top 10 list.)

Rambo (I think I may have seen the first one or part of it a long time ago. Don't think I've seen any of the sequels)

Godfather (Don? Menacing looking grandpa with the chair seems popular)

Scarface (Seems to be referenced a lot in rap music lol, but there's a ton of pages/replies for the Blitzway release)

Robocop (So many people seem to be begging for a rerelease. I actually find him a bit funny looking)

Predator (I've seen Predators... Mainly because I wanted to see Adrian Brody in an action role. Decen flick, but not much in the way of a story. I think I also saw Aliens vs Predators, and I just remember a lot of ice)

Back to the Future (Finally figured out what BTTF is. Some McFly guy is leading a HT wish poll. Is this the movie with a time traveling car? A Delorean if I remember correctly)

Terminator (All I know is the Govinator was in them. Somehow Christian Bale is involved and there are a ton of T-Number Hot Toys.)

So, that's all I can think of for now. I was able to recently watch Enter the Dragon, and I promptly ordered the Bruce Lee DX. Hoooooo Ya!!!

You need to get into the movies, 2 weeks for those titles, sounds good amount of time!
Scarface
Robocop 1st part
Predator 1st part
Rambo First blood
Terminator 1 & 2
Blade 1 & 3
Back to the Future Trilogy
Godfather Trilogy

Damn....you been living in a cave your whole life???? :lol

Blade 3 sucks...first 2 are great.
Anything past Rambo: First Blood is just over-the-top violence :lol

Everything else you mentioned is a must see.

One question: Have you seen Taxi Driver or Goodfellas?
If not, then drive down to your local videoshop and GET THESE MOVIES! Classics

failed_2-1.jpg

Pretty much everything but Blade 3. Although I didn't care so much for Godfather 3.

Favorite movie of the bunch - Robocop 1
Best movie of the bunch - Godfather 2.

You haven't seen any of these movies but keep asking about their Hot Toys figures?????????

Blade - 1 & 2 are great. 3 is average.

Rambo - All 4 rock.

Godfather - 1 & 2 are masterpieces. 3 is average.

Scarface - Above average movie with a great performance by Pacino.

Robocop - 1 is awesome, 2 is fun, 3 is meh.

Predator - 1 is awesome, 2 is pretty much a rehash of 1 in the city. Skip all the rest, they are meh to garbage.

Back to the Future - 1 is awesome, 2 is average, 3 is above average.

Terminator - 1 one of the greatest movies ever made, 2 one of the greatest sequels ever made, 3 above average, 4 meh.

You haven't seen any of these movies but keep asking about their Hot Toys figures?????????

Rambo - All 4 rock.

Predator - 1 is awesome, 2 is pretty much a rehash of 1 in the city. Skip all the rest, they are meh to garbage.

Terminator - 1 one of the greatest movies ever made, 2 one of the greatest sequels ever made, 3 above average, 4 meh.

I agree on everything that was quoted from Evil here but Back to the Future 2. It was above average and a lot more interesting than part 3. You have a lot of classics you need to see!

Rambo - All 4 rock.

No love for PREDATORS ??????????

Rambo - All 4 rock.

Thank you for that list/review! I managed to actually watch Terminator and Blade on YouTube lol.
Blade was awesome! Up until now, the only thing comparable was Underworld, and I only watch that for Kate Beckinsale haha. :wink1: Can't wait to watch the next one. Definitely want his hot toy figure!
Terminator was also really good. I think it's the first Schwarzenegger movie that I've seen... Was really hoping it'd be the movie with the infamous "get to the choppa" line lol. I was definitely on edge during the entire final showdown, and that rarely happens! From snippets/trailers for Terminator 4, I like how it seems that the Terminator storyline all ties together. I may end up getting the T-800 as well, but the T2 version looks even more kickass as he's not wearing some punk's clothes... But it's also really expensive. I read rumors about a future battle damaged version, so I may wait and see.

All in all... An awesome movie day. :yess:

I won't be able to watch any movies until I move and unpack in another 2 weeks, but I'm making a list of movies to watch. I'm new to collecting, but seeing the detail of some figures and their loyal following has me intrigued. So if you'd be so kind as to pick out which of these movies are highly recommended and place them in order. (I guess I'm considered young, and I never really got a chance to watch these flicks before)

Blade (Trilogy? He seems to be highly valued and regularly found on people's wants or top 10 list.)

Rambo (I think I may have seen the first one or part of it a long time ago. Don't think I've seen any of the sequels)

Godfather (Don? Menacing looking grandpa with the chair seems popular)

Scarface (Seems to be referenced a lot in rap music lol, but there's a ton of pages/replies for the Blitzway release)

Robocop (So many people seem to be begging for a rerelease. I actually find him a bit funny looking)

Predator (I've seen Predators... Mainly because I wanted to see Adrian Brody in an action role. Decen flick, but not much in the way of a story. I think I also saw Aliens vs Predators, and I just remember a lot of ice)

Back to the Future (Finally figured out what BTTF is. Some McFly guy is leading a HT wish poll. Is this the movie with a time traveling car? A Delorean if I remember correctly)

Terminator (All I know is the Govinator was in them. Somehow Christian Bale is involved and there are a ton of T-Number Hot Toys.)

So, that's all I can think of for now. I was able to recently watch Enter the Dragon, and I promptly ordered the Bruce Lee DX. Hoooooo Ya!!!

Are you saying you've never seen any of these movies especially the ones in bold and especially BTTF?

FAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:slap:slap:slap:lol

Anywho it's a crime to have not seen BTTF. To avoid any legal trouble I highly suggest you go out and buy a copy right away! NOT RENT! BUY!!!

Thank you for that list/review! I managed to actually watch Terminator and Blade on YouTube lol.
Blade was awesome! Up until now, the only thing comparable was Underworld, and I only watch that for Kate Beckinsale haha. :wink1: Can't wait to watch the next one. Definitely want his hot toy figure!
Terminator was also really good. I think it's the first Schwarzenegger movie that I've seen... Was really hoping it'd be the movie with the infamous "get to the choppa" line lol. I was definitely on edge during the entire final showdown, and that rarely happens! From snippets/trailers for Terminator 4, I like how it seems that the Terminator storyline all ties together. I may end up getting the T-800 as well, but the T2 version looks even more kickass as he's not wearing some punk's clothes... But it's also really expensive. I read rumors about a future battle damaged version, so I may wait and see.

All in all... An awesome movie day. :yess:
I'm glad you are getting exposure to some of the classics, but dude, you gotta watch them how they were intended to be seen. Blu-ray or DVD on a big screen with good sound. Youtube is meant for stupid videos of people crying about leaving Britney alone, or about kids coming back from the dentist... NOT for watching movies!

Back