Wait list number for Grey Hulk

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gambit

Super Freak
Reaction score
Just curious if I would be able to get one grey version of hulk vs spidey from the wait list. I saw the grey version like 1 day later and I do not have so much hope to get one but still, it would be interesting to see who has the lowest wait list number for grey version.

Mine is W306759

I don't know much about the history of Grey Hulk. I joined Freaks after it went on sale. Was it something that went on sale as soon as it was announced? Was it a PPO?

wookilar8 said:
Batty, the Gray Hulk newsletter order was the kind of stuff people write poems about. Legendary around these parts.
Do tell! Or at least point me in the direction where I can read about it. There are a lot of different threads for it.

Batty said:
Do tell! Or at least point me in the direction where I can read about it. There are a lot of different threads for it.

Your going to stur up a hornets nest with this one...There were some very unhappy people when this whole thing went down!

kingdarkness03 said:
Your going to stur up a hornets nest with this one...There were some very unhappy people when this whole thing went down!

Ya see, answers like that only want me to hear more! Was there a body count? :lol

The Spider-Man VS. Hulk diorama was previewed in the January 5th newsletter, and it was announced as going on sale on the 12th. In the podcast that week, they said that the first people to log on and order the diorama would be presented with a very difficult choice (or something like that). I was interested in that clue, so I made sure that I was there when it went on sale.

The following week at newsletter time, I clicked on the Hulk/Spidey order link, and I looked around the product page for what this mysterious choice was. There was a picture to the side of a Gray Hulk, with a little comic book quote saying, "Wouldn't it be cool in gray?" Clicking that link took you to the product page for Gray Hulk, limited to 50 pieces. I ordered one. So did 49 other people.

It all seemed so simple and harmless at the time. Now the hill people sing folk songs about that day...

tomandshell said:
The Spider-Man VS. Hulk diorama was previewed in the January 5th newsletter, and it was announced as going on sale on the 12th. In the podcast that week, they said that the first people to log on and order the diorama would be presented with a very difficult choice (or something like that). I was interested in that clue, so I made sure that I was there when it went on sale.

The following week at newsletter time, I clicked on the Hulk/Spidey order link, and I looked around the product page for what this mysterious choice was. There was a picture to the side of a Gray Hulk, with a little comic book quote saying, "Wouldn't it be cool in gray?" Clicking that link took you to the product page for Gray Hulk, limited to 50 pieces. I ordered one. So did 49 other people.

It all seemed so simple and harmless at the time. Now the hill people sing folk songs about that day...

So....you got one? You are one lucky man Tom.

Thanks for the story Tom. After hearing people freak out over missing 500 Blackhole Troopers, I can only imaging what it was like for 50 Hulks. I'm going to read through those old threads. I need a good laugh.

Batty said:
Thanks for the story Tom. After hearing people freak out over missing 500 Blackhole Troopers, I can only imaging what it was like for 50 Hulks. I'm going to read through those old threads. I need a good laugh.

You have NO idea how many people cried about it. I read so many complaint over at the leave a comment section.

Batty said:

In some ways it was very different than the Blackhole Bust. There was no anticipation or awareness leading up to it, so all of the emotion kicked in after the fact. It was a fun couple of days...

:google

Wouldn't it suck if you have one on order and your cc is maxed out! You have only one day to contact SSC about another form of payment.

Back