Check this out Besta lovers, new glass door "Besta Vassbo"!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Theokan

Super Freak
Reaction score
Ikea just had some new Besta glass doors called Vassbo, these don't seem to be on sale in most stores yet. They come in different sizes, but what caught my eye is that they have a 75" version for only $60!! I've got six besta cabinets and I'm definitely getting a few of these glass doors when they become available:

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/90210838#/90210838/

besta-vassbo-glass-door__0122853_PE279104_S4.JPG

Last edited:
That's a great price. I wish the windows were a bit bigger if they only show 18-19 inches. That's just a bit too small for some PF's...

That's awesome that they've come out with a 75" glass door...been waiting for this but like you will have to give it some thought since the borders seems to cover a good bit of display area
curious.gif

Keep in mind there's two similar Besta glass doors, the old one is called Vara which has a much smaller glass window. This new one is called Vassbo with a much bigger window and comes with double and triple options, most stores don't have this yet. Check out the difference below:

Old style Vara (17" window):
besta-vara-glass-door__0108380_PE258136_S4.JPG

New style Vassbo (21" window):
besta-vassbo-glass-door__0122857_PE279108_S4.JPG

Tombo (25" window):
besta-tombo-glass-door__63334_PE170865_S4.jpg

New style triple Vassbo (21" window x3):
besta-vassbo-glass-door__0122853_PE279104_S4.JPG

-

Last edited:
Hmm, looks good for PF collectors, but as a 1/6 guy, I have four shelves, so the three-window door doesn't work. Shoot. Miss the Vegby.

Thanks for posting, Theokan! I think this is just what I'm looking. Would like a nice cabinet and doors like this for some 1:1 busts.

If you happen to drop by Ikea and see them up for sale, let us know!

Actually, in regards to these new Vassbo doors--what cabinet/shelf would they go with?

I've always been interested in seeing 1/6 figures displayed in Bestas , do you have any photos ?.

I don't but maybe I'll try to take some this weekend. Photography is not my strong suit.

The Besta is a little deep for 1/6, so either (1) things get lost in the back, or (2) space is wasted. I have mine set up as four shelves plus a drawer at the bottom for extra accessories. I have limited space so the extra depth is nice but, on the other hand, things look crowded.

I don't but maybe I'll try to take some this weekend. Photography is not my strong suit.

The Besta is a little deep for 1/6, so either (1) things get lost in the back, or (2) space is wasted. I have mine set up as four shelves plus a drawer at the bottom for extra accessories. I have limited space so the extra depth is nice but, on the other hand, things look crowded.

Well with 1/6th scale stuff I would suggest going with the the less deep version of the Besta. They are about 5 to 6 inches deep and would be perfect for 1/6 scale stuff.

Hell of a lot cheaper than the $300 it would cost to cover a 75"x47" Besta! I just wish they would make a 75" Tombo....so much nicer and you wouldn't have to worry about adjusting your shelves. :monkey2

Hell of a lot cheaper than the $300 it would cost to cover a 75"x47" Besta! I just wish they would make a 75" Tombo....so much nicer and you wouldn't have to worry about adjusting your shelves. :monkey2

I would love for them to make a 75" Tombo and have thought about seeing if I couldn't get a local glass company to create one using the pieces from the narrow 75" doors.

I too wish they made a 75" Tombo. Well, who is going to be the first to get a pair and show us how they look:wink1:

Back