Conan the Barbarian (1982) Blu Ray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAWS

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Just a heads up. The original Conan the Barbarian was released yesterday on blu ray. While the picture is an upgrade and the best it has ever looked, don't expect to be wowed by it.

HOWEVER, the new DTS HD surround track is AMAZING!!!!

Finally Basil Poledouris' amazing score in 5.1 surround. I am not kidding when I say I got goosebumps when Anvil of Crom started to play at the begining credits. The films sound effects and such sound ok but lets face it none of that matters compared to basil's score.

This is a must for Conan fans!!

Destroyer came out also if you are a fan of that one.

For anyone buying the UK Blu-Ray, you can access the uncut version by changing you player's language settings to French... or anything other than English.

It adds back in the scenes that were only cut for the UK release - Arnie punching a camel and maybe a few others small bits.

I've not picked this up yet but read this on another forum.

PsychoCenobite :horror

I picked this up today and Platoon on Blu-Ray as well, will watch within the week.

Not the directors cut that was available from the DVD version :gah:

Keeping my DVD, looks good enough upconverted.

DC sucks IMO. Hated the Conan and Subotai almost kissing scene and all the extra princess stuff at the end ruined the overall mood and epic ending of the film.

The Score should be heard in nothing less then 5.1 surround. Mono track on the original DVD does no justice to to Basil's score.

That being said there are some audio issues on the Blu ray where some of the chorus parts are left out.

Still I would take the flawed 5.1 over the mono any day but thats just me.

Back