Broken limbs on your NECA Predators? Here's a fix....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ragacin

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi,
I have had a number of action figures break over the years and have developed a quick repair technique that works well. I recently got the Elder and P1 masked from CSC. Naturally the Elder's left arm snapped with the barest movement, so I decided to go ahead and repair all the broken NECA figures I had so I could get it done all at once. On the ALIENS figure it was the left elbow and left knee, on the Endoskeleton it was the right elbow, on the Berserker Pred it was the right knee. So I got out the dremel and drilled out the joints and pinned them with steel nails and they work fine now. No compromise to the aesthetics at all since the pins are internal. I have had to do this for YEARS with many different companies figures. The worst one was the Bandai (no Tonka USA versions, Bandai Japan) Spiral Zone figures. Everyone I got I had to remove the plastic hip rods and replace them with brass rods, and these were high end figures in the 80's and 90's, some of them ranging in the $50 mark. So while it is frustrating that these breakages happen, it is not confined to NECA.
So here is a pictorial of how I typically fix broken limbs. Here is the P1 masked. His right arm was fine, unfreezing it using warm water, but the left did not fare as well.
picture.php

First thing is to get a nail the proper size for the figure and cut it down using snips.
picture.php

Next use a dremel mototool to drill out the joint areas. Use the same size drill bit as your nail.
picture.php

picture.php

Then just take your nail and glue it into the elbow joint.
picture.php

Then take the crazy glue and dab some on the upper part of the exposed nail and let it dry. Do this a few times to build up a layer. This is to provide friction so when the forearm is inserted into the upper arm, the axial joint will swivel. Now this of course means that the forearm is now "removeable", but hey it is better than a busted figure :)

Back