DC Direct Customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dadvader

Freaked Out
Reaction score
After seeing some of these outstanding customs, I see how much growth I need in this hobby. But, these were still fun customs and I'm looking forward to learning. I'm moving to the 12" 1/6 so hopefully my future work will look better. But here is my collection so far, some were minor changes like substituting a Batman head and others major work such as Hawkman. Enjoy!

Welcome Dadvader. Those look pretty cool. I'm back and forth on getting the black Batgirl. I'm pretty much stripping down the costumes and heads and putting them on Hot toys or similar 12" bodies. I think the DC Direct bodies are a little too big for what I'm looking for. DC Direct provides a good foundation for a cool custom.

Thanks, trying to post more but having to re-size the pics. The heads seem to big for 12", but I am thinking of doing the same with the costumes.

Hey DadVader can you measure the width of that superman returns chest shield and tell me how wide it is and how tall it is. I may want one for a custom.

Hey SanShou based on a DC Direct 13" figure I have I would say the shield at its widest points would be about 3cm wide or at least 2.5cm if that is of any help

Sorry , just seeing this post. Still need those SAn? Kal's measurements are probably right. I do have a superman returns still in box never opened if you are interested.

Batgirl

And here's my Batgirl so far, still waiting on gloves and I think I'll get the Batman gauntlets and cut them down to fit her.

Last edited:
Nightwing

Here's my Nightwing so far, I need to finish his feet and I think I'll paint him with the new red colors of the September relaunch. Looking forward to finishing him.

Supergirl (Your vote)

Here's the Supergirl I've been working on. I couldn't find the right outfit and the relaunch outfit for Supergirl is one of the worst I've seen. So, I thought I'd experiment and came up with this. I like the logo on the belt, but do you think she needs one on her chest as well????

Supergirl (Your vote)

My wife suggested this other head, it's the DC Direct Power Girl with a wig. Got to admit I like it better. So now 2 votes,

1. Which head?
2. Does she need the emblem on her chest as well as on the belt?

Either head works but maybe do something with PG's eyes as she looks like a deer in head lights as is

It is traditional to have a chest shield but maybe if you do put one make it like a smaller version and have her wear it like a badge or something

Good point, about the head. I'll look in to repainting, I really like this head. Hmmmm, maybe like the symbol to the right like the SG I grew up with or like Mon-El had.

Back