Premium Format Premium Format Darth Maul Lightsaber problems?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zildjian

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Hey all...

I recently sold both my standard and exclusive premium format Darth Maul statues from TPM.... BOTH buyers have contacted me to say that they are having problems getting the lightsabers to light up. I remember that there were some loose connections in the hand/arm where the figure holds the lightsaber.

Does anyone have any suggestions or fixes I can pass on to them buyers?

Thanks in advance!

I wonder if I was one of those buyers? I just bought a regular Maul on ebay and his saber doesn't work. I've noticed the light saber in his hand is a little wobbly so I'm wondering if that has something to do with it? If anyone has any tips on getting it to work it would be greatly appreciated.

Try scrubbing the batttery contacts with a scouring / cleaning pad to remove any oxide build up, clean this up with a dry cloth and then try some rubbing alcohol on the all the contacts. Be careful with the alcohol it will damage paint.
Good luck!

You have to really push the hand in on this one to make a good contact so the hand fits nice and tight and the contacts are connected properly.

Try scrubbing the batttery contacts with a scouring / cleaning pad to remove any oxide build up, clean this up with a dry cloth and then try some rubbing alcohol on the all the contacts. Be careful with the alcohol it will damage paint.
Good luck!

Hey Buddy,

Did you get your Darth Maul to light up?

You have to really push the hand in on this one to make a good contact so the hand fits nice and tight and the contacts are connected properly.

This was a common "non problem" if you will. Lots of people contacted Sideshow about this. You have to shove it on in there! Tell your buyers they are girly men. :lecture

Back