Efx Vader and Rick Baker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GreatFire

Freaked Out
Reaction score
A valid point was brought up in the Efx Stormtrooper thread about Baker's contribution to the Vader helmet. Added to this, there is an article with Baker in the latest SW Insider and he never once mentions his work on the Vader helmet, only the Cantina aliens. It would be nice for some official clarification.

A valid point was brought up in the Efx Stormtrooper thread about Baker's contribution to the Vader helmet. Added to this, there is an article with Baker in the latest SW Insider and he never once mentions his work on the Vader helmet, only the Cantina aliens. It would be nice for some official clarification.

To repeat what I wrote in the other thread, from what I knew Baker created some items for the Grauman's Chinese Theater footprint ceremony (1977). I know he created the soles of 3PO's feet and I thought he also had something to do with Vader's helmet. If true this could how Rick Baker was involved with Star Wars in any way past the cantina aliens that he created- his only official connection. It would be nice to understand the lineage or origin of the eFX Vader helmet more clearly.

My brother worked with Rick Baker for years and I visited Baker's house many times as a kid.

By the way, here's a photo that I took in Baker's house on a family trip in 1977 or 1978 of one of the cantina band aliens used in Star Wars:
cantina-band.jpg

Sean

To repeat what I wrote in the other thread, from what I knew Baker created some items for the Grauman's Chinese Theater footprint ceremony (1977). I know he created the soles of 3PO's feet and I thought he also had something to do with Vader's helmet. If true this could how Rick Baker was involved with Star Wars in any way past the cantina aliens that he created- his only official connection. It would be nice to understand the lineage or origin of the eFX Vader helmet more clearly.

My brother worked with Rick Baker for years and I visited Baker's house many times as a kid.

By the way, here's a photo that I took in Baker's house on a family trip in 1977 or 1978 of one of the cantina band aliens used in Star Wars:
cantina-band.jpg

Sean

Why don't you get in touch with him -- it's easier than you think to get ahold of people in this industry... he's still working and I'm sure he'll remember you guys...let us know what he says.

Why don't you get in touch with him -- it's easier than you think to get ahold of people in this industry... he's still working and I'm sure he'll remember you guys...let us know what he says.

I will try. I just had no reason to prior to now. I just saw him last year at a convention, wish I'd known about this to ask then.

Sean

Back